Sourcing Cardboard Mailing Tubes & Wax Paper

rexall

Hi all,

How come there is no forum for "where to find stuff"?

I am in Khon Kaen, so if anyone can point me to a local source, I will be grateful. Doubtful, so failing that, a source in Bangers who I can deal with over the internet or by phone in English would be very much appreciated.

I am looking for big, commercial quality, cardboard mailing tubes suitable for shipping oil paintings ==>

Approximately 75-100 mm (3-4 inch) diameter x 900 mm (36 inch) length .

Also, I can't find any old fashioned wax paper here (not plastic cling wrap). I know you can get it in the supermarket in Pattaya and I assume Bangers. Ideally, I'd like wide rolls 36 inches. We use it as insulation to keep paint from sticking to the packing materials. I know that wide rolls exist in the States, but may not be so easy to find in Thailand.

Any info or sources much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Aloha,

Rex

Normally the shop where you purchased the oil paint has this material .....

at least the tube is widely available, just check any "mailbox etc" office or just enquiry to the local DHL/UPS.

Otherwise a stationery shop with a good variety of stuff, and many times bookstores which sell banners.

I used to buy a cheap banner/poster and use the tube for my paintings, because the poster+tube was cheaper than the tube in the stationery shop!! Of course the paster is now shining in the room of a nice BG, reminding her of the generous guy who cured her sick Buffalo!!!