Motorcycle Gear In Bkk

Surfing Spleen

Does anyone know where to buy motorcycle leathers, riding boots, etc. in Bangkok? I don't mean leathers for a night on the town but actual padded motorcycle racing gear such as 1 and 2-piece suits for those times when you hit the pavement over 100 mph. Also, are there any motorcycle racetracks anywhere in Thailand?

Thanks!

do they sell quality brands like alpinestars?

Dont forget to get the vented leathers.I reckon you would roast in normal ones.

Ps Theres a racetrack near Pattaya (about 10 miles out I think)that do a lot of trackdays.

Near a hospital too,for those sky,ground,ambulance moments :o

Edited by rossiok

Does anyone know where to buy motorcycle leathers, riding boots, etc. in Bangkok?  I don't mean leathers for a night on the town but actual padded motorcycle racing gear such as 1 and 2-piece suits for those times when you hit the pavement over 100 mph.  Also, are there any motorcycle racetracks anywhere in Thailand?

Thanks!

I use to buy all the gear in Singapore because they are cheaper, or in my homecountry in Europe.

Alpinestars?? So I guess you are looking for dirtytracks not for speedtracks!! In this case there are some in BKK but I do not know where they are.

I moved my bike to Malaysia and 2 times a month I fly to KL/Sepang and with about 25$ I can enjoy a full day in Sepang ...... all my friends are there, in Europe is impossible to run on a MOTOGP race track and if you can, the costs is about 50$ for a session of 25 minutes!!!

In Sepang you pay, you enter and only when the track closes you leave.

So if you really have passion for speed and want to join us, just pm me.

ps. In Sepang I have a 996 updated to 998 specs, and "home made" racing pipes, don't let me think at my BABY, otherwise I get the plane today

Does anyone know where to buy motorcycle leathers, riding boots, etc. in Bangkok?  I don't mean leathers for a night on the town but actual padded motorcycle racing gear such as 1 and 2-piece suits for those times when you hit the pavement over 100 mph.  Also, are there any motorcycle racetracks anywhere in Thailand?

Thanks!

For shops in BKK see:

http://www.geocities.com/bkkriders/shops/index.html

Here's one:

Paddock Proshop / Helmet House Shoei Helmets, visor replacement, jacket (Taichi Leather, Gore-Tex), gloves, tank bags, cross stuff and Accessories.

Open: 9:00 - 19:30

Sunday Closed 169/84 Ratchadapisek Rd., DinDaeng, 10320 map

(next to Entertainment Plaza's, just north of trafficlight Prachasuk junction, left side)

Subway: Huai Khwang, exit #4, 150m northward

Tel 02-692-7000-5, 02-692-7006

Fax 02-692-7007-8

Email: [email protected]

GPS: N13.78065/E100.57372

Im interested in having a look in Bkk for the same thing. A friend of mine gave me this address. Paddock Motor Sport Racing Gear. 169/84 Ratchadapisek Rd. Dindang, Bangkok. tel 692-700-5, email: [email protected] .

Apparrently these guys are some kind of "super-store" so im told and are stockists of Komine,alpinestars,cateye,shoei and other top brands. If you have a look at this place i will be interested to know what its like. Hope this helps.... i might have a look at the website after this post...... :o

• 1 month later...

I just read in the Bangkok post they're building a huge new race track in Chon Buri. Will seat 60000 fans initially (will open in 2006) then 80000 the year after. Can't wait!!! The article said it will be a "world class" track...so does that mean formula 1??? Anyways, should be amazing, can't wait!

Edited by CitationX

• 2 years later...