Reflective Roof Coatings

jaideeguy

My red cement tile roof is a giant heat sink and I wonder if a reflective roof coating [paint] would reflect much of the heat that it absorbs. I have used a product in the US quite successfully called 'Chevron aluminum asphalt roof coating', but more for it's sealing properties than heat reflection as it is a thick gooey paint that leaves a thick membrane on the roof.

Asphalt base aluminum coatings contain pure aluminum paste consisting of millions of tiny pigment flakes. When the coating is applied, these flakes rise to the surface and form themselves into many shingle-like layers of aluminum. The result is a reflective metallic surface that protects the substrate from the elements.

anyone tried it here [with success] and what brands are available in LOS???

I just got an interesting PM from a member refering me to 'beger' paints that can be viewed at www.beger.co.th and they do offer a reflective roof and house paint. the info is mostly in Thai, but you can get the idea of what it 'claims' to do.

While searching for an English version, google sent me to bergerpaints.com which altho has almost the same spelling, they didn't offer same products.

anyway, I'll check out this beger paint in CM.......have seen the brand before and hopefully available in Global House.

Anyone had experience with it???