Singles.. Hang Out

peregrine8

gullivers soi 5

IMHO, Gullivers is not a place for single Western women to hang out.

OP, what sort of place do you like, music, sports, etc?

I am recently seperated from my husband. Everyone I know is married. I am looking for some place to go that westerners hang out. I love live bands. I am not looking for a bar where western men can find bar girls. I would love to meet other single women are and also western men who would prefer western women. Unfortunately my hubby prefered young asian women.

Thanks

Suk Soi 8 is a nice pub type bar. I can't say I hang out there since I dont' live in Bangkok but the times I have been there its been very friendly and low key.

You might consider posting a meet up thread here, check out chickynet bangkok and joining the farang girls in bangkok facebook page as well.

How about the Australian Bar on Suk 11? The last time I was there it was mostly westerners, and there's an amazing cover band most nights of the week.

Or, also on 11, Cheap Charlie's often has a lot of foreigners and teachers, and the outdoor environment with no chairs makes it a good place to mingle.

Ahh you is sadly mistaken Ms SBK! The Bangkok league is very multicultural, even a few Thai women and teenagers playing in addition to the usual suspects (Aussies, NZ-ers, Brits and Sth Africans). It's not too serious and a really good way to meet women you would never normally come across.

• 8 months later...

Kao Sarn Road.

I'm a guy, so I may not know much, but I was sitting at a pub/restaurant with some friends. Opposite the street were some tables, one occupied by a black girl. She drank beer after beer and smoked a pack for about 1-2 hours before she called it a day. Now I'm pretty new here, but that was just sad.

Kao Sarn Road.

I'm a guy, so I may not know much, but I was sitting at a pub/restaurant with some friends. Opposite the street were some tables, one occupied by a black girl. She drank beer after beer and smoked a pack for about 1-2 hours before she called it a day. Now I'm pretty new here, but that was just sad.

And did you do anything friendly, like go over to her and say 'hi'?

Kao Sarn Road.

1. She wasn't really my type.

2. I didn't want to say "Would you guys please excuse me, I'm just going to walk over there and flirt with this girl for a moment. Please shout out when the food arrives." That's just impolite.:ermm:

2. I didn't want to say "Would you guys please excuse me, I'm just going to walk over there and flirt with this girl for a moment. Please shout out when the food arrives." That's just impolite.:ermm:

Ahem...if they were good enough friends, they would understand. :D

Kao Sarn Road.

1. She wasn't really my type.

I actually wasn't suggesting you flirt with her. I meant make the friendly gesture of saying "hi," maybe inviting her over to hang out with your friends. It's got nothing to do with "getting some," it's about making new friends. As a woman who's traveled alone, I would have liked it if more people had been more friendly to me sometimes. Sure, I like my own company. But it's also nice to meet new people from different places.

Anyway. Off topic, I suppose...

I would recommend Bulls Head english pub btw sukhumvit soi 33 and 35- i always see quite a few expat farang ladies there and there is a good mixed group of farang men (younger, older mostly all working in bkk).

And i go there sometimes, which would- of course- be a treat for you if you bumped into me. :)