Older Lady = Shorter Hair

Yes, I have found this to be true as well. Not sure why. Maybe as they get older, their desire to impress the opposite sex decreases and they feel they have dealt with the burden of long hair long enough that they are going to cut it short.

Happy birthday Scamp, I know you're waiting for someone to say it :D

and today for once your avatar beats Totsters hands down. :o

Yes, your new avatar rocks :D Oh, and, Happy Birthday. No one wished me a Happy Birthday on Monday, but that's the way it goes. And yes, my hair is shorter since then, but not by choice. The hairstylist ######ed it up again.

But seriously, many older women cut their hair because of horomones. Some people's hair becomes more brittle and dry. But that is not inevitable if they take good care of it. And some women succumb to unwritten societal rules that older women should have shorter hair. It also connotes confidence, because they are not as dependent on the majority of male approval.

I guess it just depends on the person. During my mid-to-late twenties I had short hair and men could not get enough of me, so go figure. Since I tend to be contrary by nature, I hope to be an eighty-year-old dame with really long, lustrous hair.

How come the older a woman get's the shorter her hair gets?

obviously it makes them look younger...

long hair = long grey hair :D

well....my hair is 2 Feet

and im old !! :o

bambi

I disagree, I think women look younger with long hair as opposed to short hair. You can do so many more things with long hair than you can't with short. Most Thais (guys and gals) color their hair anyway and so the gray isn't going to show. Once the hair is colored it doesn't go back to gray so what's the problem.

I love a lady with long hair. Don't cut your hair Bambi !!!! :D

Now you see these really old ladies with the BIG hair and I think that makes them look old but the long hair makes em look younger.

Scamp, finally a good thread, I do like this ONE (ok maybe a couple). :D:D and that's doesn't matter if you care what I think. :D

Edited by Kringle

Happy birthday Scamp, I know you're waiting for someone to say it :D

and today for once your avatar beats Totsters hands down. :o

Yes, your new avatar rocks :D Oh, and, Happy Birthday. No one wished me a Happy Birthday on Monday, but that's the way it goes. And yes, my hair is shorter since then, but not by choice. The hairstylist ######ed it up again.

But seriously, many older women cut their hair because of horomones. Some people's hair becomes more brittle and dry. But that is not inevitable if they take good care of it. And some women succumb to unwritten societal rules that older women should have shorter hair. It also connotes confidence, because they are not as dependent on the majority of male approval.

I guess it just depends on the person. During my mid-to-late twenties I had short hair and men could not get enough of me, so go figure. Since I tend to be contrary by nature, I hope to be an eighty-year-old dame with really long, lustrous hair.

Thankyou Kat, and a belated happy birthday to you too. :D :D

in short, as we get older, we get a bit saggier in the facial muscles etc and it 'pulls down', and the long hair also, 'pulls down' the face, so we shorten the hair, to give a 'lift' to the face it makes us look smilier and happier;

also, long hair is time consuming and not all of us style it, short hair can look chic, mothers tend to cut hair cause less time due to child care etc (and infants pulling said hair); older ladies with long hair, even if coloured tend to look like , as mly daughter blithely put it, like wicked witches... lots of older ladies with long hair look a bit like 'wanna be sweet sixteen again' types... etc...

i'm not talking army cut, but neck lenghth is a good lenght and i think also sexy (shows white elegant neck) and the men seem to like that AFAIKS... older women with long hair in braids etc look like up country grannies, in any culture....

just keep away from the 'blue or lavender colour' or the 'henna' orange colour

personally, all the women are after me to shorten my hair, my son thinks i should keep it longer, maybe ill just go religious jewish, shave my head and buy a wig for every occasion....

in short, as we get older, we get  a bit saggier in the facial muscles etc and it 'pulls down', and the long hair also, 'pulls down' the face, so we shorten the hair, to give a 'lift' to the face it makes us look smilier and happier;

also, long hair is time consuming and not all of us style it, short hair can look chic, mothers tend to cut hair cause less time due to child care etc (and infants pulling said hair); older ladies with long hair, even if coloured tend to look like , as mly daughter blithely put it, like wicked witches... lots of older ladies with long hair look a bit like 'wanna be sweet sixteen again' types... etc...

i'm not talking army cut, but neck lenghth is a good lenght and i think also sexy (shows white elegant neck) and the men seem to like that AFAIKS... older women with long hair in braids etc look like up country grannies, in any culture....

just keep away from the 'blue or lavender colour' or the 'henna' orange colour

personally, all the women are after me to shorten my hair, my son thinks i should keep it longer, maybe ill just go religious jewish, shave my head and buy a wig for every occasion....

:D Bina that wud be an excellent idea....:D

Well my opinion is ledies with short hair look kinda cute. So ladies please go ahead and visit ur hairstylist ASAP :D :D :o

Longer hair lengthens the face and as one gets older it tends to make one look older (depending on the face type obviously). My hair is shoulder length, longer than that is hot and alot of work.

I've noticed that most Thai women do cut their hair as they get older, I am guessing it is because they get tired of having alot of hair to deal with and in this heat it does get tiresome. But then, it could be cultural, I've never bothered to ask. Never seemed that important to me as I believe that a woman's hair is her own and she should be able to do with it what pleases her.

I asked my mother this question some years ago - she is not thai - she is very british

She said that she did it because she didnt want to look like a "good time girl" - these werent her exact words but what she was saying is tht she didnt want to look too attractive. Personally I think it is upto the lady what she wants to do with her hair and there may be many reasons for the length she likes to have it. But I do feel that there is a beleif that you cant have long hair when you are older. It may be one of those common beleifs - I once lived in a nurses home and many of the female nurse there felt they should be married by around 25 and if they were not then they got looked down on my other staff.

I think this is a shame as if you take care of your long hair then it accentuates your femininity - I find some women very attractive into their 60's and i'm only in my 30's now. But of course you can get sick of the effort that is necessary and look for something more practical. Maybe the crew cut with the wig is an option. But I must say that a well kept bob hair style is very appealing !

I am growing my hair for the first time in my life because I've always wanted a floppy fringe, and seeing as I've just turned 31 years old, I don't agree that the age = short hair thing does apply to us gentlemen in quite the same way.

well totster.. i have 2 feet (+)long hair .. i can share u :o

bambi :D

I am growing my hair for the first time in my life because I've always wanted a floppy fringe, and seeing as I've just turned 31 years old, I don't agree that the age = short hair thing does apply to us gentlemen in quite the same way.

well totster.. i have 2 feet (+)long hair .. i can share u :o

bambi :D

Who are you gonna share me with....? my wife..? or Scampy..? :D:D

totster :D

scamp, the lenghth of the fringe makes up for the loss on the top

and then i thought of the samson /delilah metaphor, and the propensity of thai wives to chop off willies.... when men hit 30+ they start to think about their virility or potential lack thereof... maybe you are growing your hair thinking of samson... just remember that women are good with scissors

Tonight, to my horror, I held me camcorder above my head whilst it was connected to the telly and saw that I was starting to go thin on the crown. :D  :D

Forget about it scamp... it's prolly not as bad as it looks... :o

Anyway ... I'm turning into silver fox.. and i'm only 31yrs old.... grow old gracefully I say.... :D

Forget about it scamp... it's prolly not as bad as it looks...

Camera never lies Totsy, camera never lies.

Anyway, it's much better to go grey so don't complain about that.

Nice chatting to you earlier by the way, I didn't go in that pub in the end so i got a can of Carlsberg from the local corner shop and walked along the beach back to the house. :o

Forget about it scamp... it's prolly not as bad as it looks...

Camera never lies Totsy, camera never lies.

Anyway, it's much better to go grey so don't complain about that.

Nice chatting to you earlier by the way, I didn't go in that pub in the end so i got a can of Carlsberg from the local corner shop and walked along the beach back to the house. :D

Yeah it was a good chat...shame I had to go... anyone would think I was at work to actually work.. :o

Sounds nice that... a Carlsberg whilst walking on the beach.. :D

Tonight, to my horror, I held me camcorder above my head whilst it was connected to the telly and saw that I was starting to go thin on the crown. :D  :o

I wish that guys with thinning hair would not comb long hair over to cover the baldness - it's most unattractive....

Tonight, to my horror, I held me camcorder above my head whilst it was connected to the telly and saw that I was starting to go thin on the crown. :D  :D

I wish that guys with thinning hair would not comb long hair over to cover the baldness - it's most unattractive....

Woah, woah Dara!

Come off it woman, I've a long way to go before that happens. :D:D

It's only just started, and besides, I wouldn't comb it over anyway. :o

I'd shave it off or have a transplant.:D :D

Edited by The Gentleman Scamp