Burgers

N47HAN

So the place with possibly the best burger in Phuket, Surf n Turf, has closed after only a brief stint. Hopefully they will continue to make them at Chillies. Very recently a well known writer of computer self help books & owner of several sandwich shops has stated he plans to do burgers. Wonder if they will be a separate entity or included in his shops? We await with bated breath.

I just spoke with his boss, and she says things are just too busy at the moment to do burgers. Having a five-month-old around the house doesn't help. But hope springs eternal....

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where in Kata is this Rick and Rolls?

It's on Kata New Road opposite the Club Med,just further up from Solution Bar on the left.

PST.

Ricky just got the new website up. The Christmas menu is on there as well.

RickNRoll

Seems a nice menu,things do seem quiet at that end of the soi at the moment.

PST.

So the place with possibly the best burger in Phuket, Surf n Turf, has closed after only a brief stint. Hopefully they will continue to make them at Chillies. Very recently a well known writer of computer self help books & owner of several sandwich shops has stated he plans to do burgers. Wonder if they will be a separate entity or included in his shops? We await with bated breath.

I just spoke with his boss, and she says things are just too busy at the moment to do burgers. Having a five-month-old around the house doesn't help. But hope springs eternal....

A 5 month old?.... must be a puppy considering the hours the boss does!... if they were to do the burgers and ribs again a l'American there might be an immigration problem which would be difficult to resolve.

Chillies is fine as it is. Expanding it would not be easy.Food is freshly cooked. Due to this restriction it can take time to get your order in and your food to your table. This annoys some of the old teachers but others have learnt to phone up and order beforehand.

Adding other items to the menu would create a further delay, need more staff and detract from the homely feeling of the restaurant.

I am not a resident of the immediate area but was for 3 weeks until last Tuesday. I ate in both restaurants and spoke to all partners....

Where in Kata is this Rick and Rolls?

It's on Kata New Road opposite the Club Med,just further up from Solution Bar on the left.

PST.

RickNRoll

Interested to try the place out but the only opening hours I can see are for the Xmas party "6pm till late" If they are not open during the day then that counts me out. Website did not impress.

I had a good burger at Sizzler yesterday.

The sizzler burger is half-decent, but at 340baht I expect more than that.

Also Steveo's is fcking terrible these days. They went from making a good burger to a mediocre and now inedible one. Not even their good milk shakes can get me there anymore. I guess after the little incident with the thai woman stealing about 100k over a few months from there they have decided to save money on proper ingredients or something.

Green man's texas mega burger is also bad these days and The Club in nai harn, which made a good burger, shut down a while ago so where to get a proper burger in the in the chalong/kata/rawai area these days?!

WHAT?!?!?

What happened to Steve'os?? I'm the previous owner that sold it to him.

How in the world did this little thai girl steal so much money without him knowing?

Does anybody know a way to get in contact with Steve'o? Or if he is even the owner anymore.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated!!

Sincerely,

James

That women was a wh***, she parked her motorbike in the middle of the road, i bumped into it at 1km/h while trying to park cause she was taking the whole space.. it had no stand so the gravity set it on the floor.. she tried to get 25k out of me..

She didn't get a dime, and steveo lost a customer that came weekly

RickNRoll

Interested to try the place out but the only opening hours I can see are for the Xmas party "6pm till late" If they are not open during the day then that counts me out.

It does also say happy hour 4-8 at the top, but he actually opens at 2pm, and should add that to the site. Kitchen open till about 10:30-11pm. Eventually he wants to open earlier, even open for breakfast.