Recommendation Letter From Employer For Tourist Visa

A Sri Lankan friend of mine is planning to apply for his tourist visa in Colombo very soon,

and I'm helping him to prepare the required documents, since his English is quite limited.

One of the requirements is 'the recommendation letter from the employer'.

What's the purpose of this letter?

What type of information needs to be stated in the letter?

For your information, he is working with his father, meaning that he works at his father's business. His father is financially supporting his trip to Bangkok.

Any sample recommendation letters? I've tried to find such sample letters, but I seem to have no luck...

Your help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Your srilankan friend needs a letter from his employer from his native country and that is what the Royal Thai Embassy in srinlanka needs to see. If he is working then his employer will request Thai visa for him for a short period of time, They would be as a guarantor for him from his country that, he is genuinly going for only tourism purpose. <br>

Due to his nationality (Sri Lankan), he cannot get his visa at the airport on arrival. As stated on the webpage of the Thai embassy in Colombo, Sri Lanka, the recommendation letter from employer is required when applying for a tourist visa. See the link below:

http://www.mfa.go.th...=1492&depid=244

It seems I may be causing confusion, we're currently in Sri Lanka. I was trying to find sample letters of such recommendation letters on the net and I got to this site.

Edited by 7by7
See my post below

tourist visa when he arrive? VOA - visa on arrival = 30days, thats no tourist visa.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, due to his Sri Lankan nationality, he is unable to get a visa on arrival at the airport...

tourist visa when he arrive? VOA - visa on arrival = 30days, thats no tourist visa.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, due to his Sri Lankan nationality, he is unable to get a visa on arrival at the airport...

Can he get a visa exemption instead?

Your srilankan friend needs a letter from his employer from his native country and that is what the Royal Thai Embassy in srinlanka needs to see. If he is working then his employer will request Thai visa for him for a short period of time, They would be as a guarantor for him from his country that, he is genuinly going for only tourism purpose. <br>

Thank you for your helpful reply. We are all in Sri Lanka, and my friend's employer is actually his father. In the recommendation letter, do you mean his father needs to state that he requests a tourist visa for his employee (or son) and that he will be a gurantor for him confirming his employee's trip as genuine tourism purposes?

Can he get a visa exemption instead?

Unfortunately, as he is from Sri Lanka, he is not qualified to get one..

Being from Sri Lanka then he does need a tourist visa, as you know. I think the letter from Employer is to state that he does have a job to come back to and is financially able to pay for a trip to Thailand. They will probably also want to see some sort of financials (bank statement or credit card) to show substantial funds to travel to Thailand.

All of this is just to be sure that he will in fact go back to Sri Lanka and not stay in Thailand. I suggest that you call or go to the Embassy and ask them exactky what is required of your friend to get a tourist visa.

Being from Sri Lanka then he does need a tourist visa, as you know. I think the letter from Employer is to state that he does have a job to come back to and is financially able to pay for a trip to Thailand. They will probably also want to see some sort of financials (bank statement or credit card) to show substantial funds to travel to Thailand.

All of this is just to be sure that he will in fact go back to Sri Lanka and not stay in Thailand. I suggest that you call or go to the Embassy and ask them exactky what is required of your friend to get a tourist visa.

Thanks very much for your helpful advice.

I now have a better idea of what needs to be written in the letter.

Thanks again for your post.