Contract Lawyer Needed

I'm looking for a Thai lawyer to advise on a breach of contract claim that I am going through relating to a real estate deal.

I don't want a real estate lawyer. But, I am looking for a well versed, obviously English speaking professional in the field who is willing to work with me.

Today i was quoted 10,000 THB per hour by one company which i thought was in the realm of the totally ridiculous. Its more than my legal team in the UK charge. our thoughts on this price also appreciated.

Hoping you guys can help.

Cheers.

I would recommend Thammanat & Associates who were able to get my previous lawyer disbarred for life after he cheated me. Their address is 249/17 Soi Ladprao 122, Wangthonglang 10310 BKK, tel: (02) 539-5156.

I just won a breach of contract legal issue with a major developer in BKK South Local court last month.

The law firm I used was Ployprathip. It's a good team of lawyers who speak perfect English. They have 2 guys who specialize in Intellectual Property / Patents / IT and the rest of the crew does general commercial and civil stuff.

They don't do criminal law IIRC. Well, all lawyers in Thailand technically can practice in any area of law but my experience with this firm relates to a breach of contract thing with a property developer so I think they might be a good match for your job.

10k Baht an hour is insane. I have seen quotes that average around 7,000.00 an hour for a senior partner, 5,000.00 for a lawyer and 2,000.00 for a para-legal. 10k an hour is definitely BS. Maybe Baker and Mckenzie would charge that if you asked them to handle a billion baht deal for you but your run of the mill civil case should be well under 7k Baht an hour. My case the value of the dispute was 12M Baht.

I have since then have them do a due diligence case relating to the purchase of a second-hand condominium for me and they were worth their money again.

I will PM you their number and website and the name of my go-to guy there.