Microwave Repair

realthaideal

Gosh darnit ! My microwave just lost it's ability to heat things. The gizmo inside still turns the food or beverage, but no juice to get molecules pumping. I noticed in Big C or somewhere this weekend (by coincidence) that new cheapies can be had for just a few thousand baht, but if repairing it is a simple affair, I'd go for that instead. Any recommendations for who n where to get repairs ? And btw, it is a little cheap number itself - only three years old, but it's probably of the same 2k-4k baht quality as I'd be willing to spend on a new one. Maybe it's moved on to the next plane.

I had a new magnetron put in my combi by Amorn (Branches over Chiang Mai)

specify 3rd party replacements for a cheaper job.

Turntable motor I replaced myself (also from Amorn) 180 baht... £30 . . . 1500baht in the UK!

David

Why not at least get a repair quote from the large Amorn repair center in the building where Fitness Thailand is. It's on the little soi that runs in between Icon Plaza and S&P? Bakery. They can repair just about anything there for a very reasonable price.

Good idea. Thanks for the tip-off. I know that alley. I have a fan that could use a look-see too. Spending 200 baht for repair is way better than 500 for a new one. Same with microwave resurrection. Figures 'Elektrified' chimes in !

In my local village is a guy who fixes pretty much anything electrical - I got him to repair my toaster the other day for 100 Baht. In my experience most villages have these sorts of shops so apart from the above mentioned one (which is a good choice but proabably double the price) go for a wander around your village. Of course if you live in a Mubaan Farung or similar forget it - buy a new one or take it to Amorn.

As an aside - as a chef you should be ashamed to admit to using a microwave for anything ;)

CB

RTD can you tell us what side of town you are located?

I've got a guy that does repair to all my electrics, fans , microwaves, mixers, toasters. etc...... but if you have to come a long way , well there goes the savings,,,,, unless you do like me,,,,, store up the things that need a redo and go one time..

gonzo

I'm just south of the city off the Om Muang/ Mahidon road. I can get to Amorn in less than 10 minutes probably. Pretty much anywhere in town in that time. Hang Dong included as I live near a couple shortcuts thru some villages. Where's your guy Gonzo ? I'd be ready to strap up the microwave to the bike today.... after a good clean out before I let anybody else see it !