Singha To Lure Chelsea, Manchester United To Thailand

webfact

Singha to lure Chelsea, Man U to Thailand

By KITINAN SANGUANSAK

THE NATION

Singha has whetted local fans' appetites with the prospect of a match in Thailand between English Premier League champions Chelsea and Manchester United.

The beverage maker has secured a sponsorship deal to become a global partner with both clubs.

"It might look difficult to get the teams to play here, but not so long ago we still joked about the prospect of becoming partners with the pair. So who knows what could happen?" said Chatchai Wiratyosin, Singha's marketing director.

"In three years, the company will celebrate its 80th birthday anniversary, and holding such a match would be a fitting way to celebrate."

But while the "dream" match is still far from a reality, Chatchai guaranteed local fans they would get to see the teams' star players in the flesh.

"It was included in the contract that first-team players as well as the coach would visit Thailand.

"We're considering getting [Carlo] Ancelotti to take charge of Bangkok Glass, who we also sponsor, for a game in the Thailand Premier League."

Yesterday's announcement of the Chelsea deal comes only a month after Singha inked a contract with the Red Devils. Singha marketing group manager Piti Bhirombhakdi said the move epitomised the company's football-related ambitions .

"Some said that renewing our contract with Manchester City would be great, but that's not good enough for us.

"We're now partnered up with the two most successful teams in England's top-flight league," said Pit, who confesses to being a Blues' fan.

Chelsea chief executive Ron Gourlay put his own seal of approval on the deal via video at yesterday's Singha press conference.

"I'm delighted to have Singha as our official beer partner," said Gourlay.

"We're looking forward to developing a strong relationship over the coming years."

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-08-06

• Like 1

Old news webfact, best to not wander out of the thai politics section-oops I mean the newsclippings mate ;)

Anyways utd confirmed to visit next year. I have already fired an email off to SAF to offer a complimentary tour of Brian Robson's favorite places to get under the table and map of puplic washrooms for Wazza.

As for the new beer sponsor, as loyal a supporter as I am, I can't bring myself to support you-your hangovers leave me is a fowl taste in my mouth.

"We're now partnered up with the two most successful teams in England's top-flight league,". no you're not mister singha. its second most successful and one small club that won the pools in 2004.

You're yesterdays news if you not at the top for a season or 2, and lets face it Liverpool are needing a pools win to stop Manure becoming the most successful.

I thought clubs arent interested in coming to banana republics as theyve cottoned on that they dont make money selling shirts as people mainly buy counterfeits, hence why they keep going to America.

"We're now partnered up with the two most successful teams in England's top-flight league,". no you're not mister singha. its second most successful and one small club that won the pools in 2004.

Spot on Stevie..;)

I thought clubs arent interested in coming to banana republics as theyve cottoned on that they dont make money selling shirts as people mainly buy counterfeits, hence why they keep going to America.

That wa sthe impression i was under too..