View Talay Condos

Brian2056

What's the story with these condos? Perusing around Pattaya real estate sites, seems this condo developement has the most places for sale and or rent. Is this a popular place for farangs to rent or own if living in Pattaya? Good location? Nice, well built and maintained developement?

I haven't been to Pattaya mainly because I couldn't pull my azz out of BKK while living there last year. I'm lining up my ducks here in the U.S. to make the move to LOS, permanently. I haven't decided where I'd like to live permanently but Pattaya is on the list so I'm checking it out.

Bryan2056:

Do not consider buying a condo here (Talay).........the reasons are numerous.

Rent...yes........Buy...no.

If you buy a condo in Pattaya, it is better to buy the very best....10m Baht+

The cheap charlie buys will end in tears and will devalue over the next 5-8 years.

FACT.

RENT my friend.

Bryan2056:

Do not consider buying a condo here (Talay).........the reasons are numerous.

Rent...yes........Buy...no.

If you buy a condo in Pattaya, it is better to buy the very best....10m Baht+

The cheap charlie buys will end in tears and will devalue over the next 5-8 years.

FACT.

RENT  my friend.

I wouldn't consider buying anything in Pattaya or otherwise unil I've lived there renting for at least a year, if not longer. I would think though that at some point, one would want to buy something, house or condo for some stability. People who live in apartments or condos tend to move fairly frequently and lets face it, moving isn't one of life greatest pleasures.

About 5 pages back there was an extensive posting on View Talay.Use the search facility.

I read the largest thread regarding View Talay. Sounds typical Thai regarding all aspects of buying/renting in Thailand. Given your somewhat short reply, why bother asking anything on this forum? Just shut the forum down and instill a HUGE search window since I'm sure, everything has already been asked.

I lived in Jomtien for a year while I decided where I wanted to live. I looked at a number of View Talay units and they were much too much like a hotel room to suit me. Most are small studios and a studio would make me crazy. The minimum I wanted was a one bedroom. I think you will want to buy something 60 square meters or up for resale. I didn't buy mine for resale so I wasn't too concerned if the price went up or down as long as I was happy in the complex. My unit has appreciated quite a bit in the past year or so while many others have remained the same or have gone down in value. You should be able to get one of the larger units within a kilometer of the beach starting about two million baht. Look at the amenities and security. My complex has an Olympic size pool, tennis courts (pay per hour), and exercises facilities as well as a small store and restaurant. Security is super. Be aware that the complex must be over fifty percent Thai owned.

I have a friend who bought a corner unit and two studios in one of their new buildings at Theppraya road. He turned the corner unit and one studio in to living/dining room and a kitchen. The remaing room he made in to a well sized bed room. Anything is possible if you turn up early enough on one of their new building projects, that way you also eliminate the risk of being one of the remaining 51% of foreigner who will have to start a company to own their condo.

The older buildings are very small sudio like apartment which are quite boring.

Good Luck :o

About 5 pages back there was an extensive posting on View Talay.Use the search facility.

I read the largest thread regarding View Talay. Sounds typical Thai regarding all aspects of buying/renting in Thailand. Given your somewhat short reply, why bother asking anything on this forum? Just shut the forum down and instill a HUGE search window since I'm sure, everything has already been asked.

Yes Barryofthailand, houses are cheaper to buy but you must also keep in mind that it is a bit more risky to have a house if you are away for some time (not permanent resident) with regards to theft and so on. There are also extras to consider like; finding out wher to pay water, telephone, electric bills, pool cleaners, security etc. But of course maybe these new housing "villges" that are popping up almost everywhere have solved it in an easier way by paying these bills at their local office.

Condos are generally easier to maintain but ofcourse... Who doesn't want his own pool and yard :D

I'm quite happy with my condo but will probably need a house in near future, have a month old son now :o:D

In Thailand Condos are more expensive then houses. The better buys in Thailand are houses.

Hello. I have just bought a condo in view talay 2. It is 41 sqm and cost me 1.4 fully furnished. I bought it to rent out, but so far it is still lying empty. I am having doubts about this whole condo thing now after doing a bit of research. I know now that if i bought it as an empty unit it would have been alot cheaper and it is not easy to rent condos out. I have noticed alot of new condo developments in pattaya as well. Who knows how property will go in thailand only time will tell will it might the same way as spain over bulding and over pricing fuelled by holiday and proprtry tv shows!

Hello. I have just bought a condo in view talay 2. It is 41 sqm and cost me 1.4 fully furnished. I bought it to rent out, but so far it is still lying empty. I am having doubts about this whole condo thing now after doing a bit of research. I know now that if i bought it as an empty unit it would have been alot cheaper and it is not easy to rent condos out. I have noticed alot of new condo developments in pattaya as well. Who knows how property will go in thailand only time will tell will it might the same way as spain over bulding and over pricing fuelled by holiday and proprtry tv shows!

Well, that's why there is a market, there are always buyers and sellers, and never any real certainty about anything.

At 1.4 million you got an OK deal so I wouldn't sweat it. Why not keep trying to rent it out, and you can always sell it, but if you hope to make any profit, you will want to hold it for some years. Lots of people are buying 10 million baht condos if that makes you feel any better.

Personally, I think VT 2 is an excellent location and should do OK pricewise mainly based on location.

isnt there a new view talay being built between beach rd and 2nd rd sure i saw a sign on my last trip in may.

if so anyone have a link to any info. thanks. nev

Earlier in this thread I was pointing it out but maybe not clear enough..

Jock, you want to rent out your 41 m2 studio and you bought it just for the reason of renting it out? Hrm, do you know how many of these are for rent, fully furnished, each week? Patty is gettin "loaded" with condos at this time and I'm not sure if buying a condo for renting out, especially small studios, are a good investement plan. But I may be wrong :D I thing if long term stayers are to rent they are looking for something bigger, let say at least one bedroom one livingroom, and peak season guests maybe looking for studios??

Anyway Jock, I'm sure you will get one that want to rent your condo soon. Good luck :o