How Much Are Bangkok Motorcycle Taxi Fares?

keeniau96

I know about the driver queues at their stands and know you have to agree on fare before starting. And I have taken taken more than a few rides with the boys in the orange vests but still not really comfortable with what's right re the fare. So, what would be a typical/fair fare from, say, Sukhumwit/Asoke to Suk/Nana in mid-morning or mid-afternoon (not rush times)? How about from Suk/Asoke to Thai Cultural Center?

From Wat Don Muang to the condo www.pgp.co.th is 40 Baht. That's a 7 km ride. And when I couldn't locate the Tiger Motorcycle Co., a rider demanded 200 Baht and was then happy with 120. Especially in Bangkok, I got ripped off a few times by one of the buys. So what's your own experience? How much have you been paying for how many minutes / km?

Do you think some of the bikers on here actually do this for a living.:rolleyes:

There must be some demand for an express long distance service - by ER6n, Harley, Hayabusa etc. Some of the guys who regularly ride up north from Bangkok could take a passenger, the fare would probably pay for their gasoline.

Do you think some of the bikers on here actually do this for a living.:rolleyes:

Now that you mention it....Tony would have the perfect setup to do that on his retro w/sidecar....but it may not be the fastest , nor the best in doing some slaloms between cars.

Tony, whats your rate :rolleyes: ...and who is the driver :lol:?

mbox

Edited by mbox

• 1 year later...

There must be some demand for an express long distance service - by ER6n, Harley, Hayabusa etc. Some of the guys who regularly ride up north from Bangkok could take a passenger, the fare would probably pay for their gasoline.

thai moto-sai taxi drivers are dangerous enough on a honda wave without giving them a hayabusa :whistling:

Absolutely no idea. Next stupid question. :blink:

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

like anything else in bangkok,the first price they suggest will be probably triple the normal price a thai taking the same trip would pay so be prepared to bargain the journey if u dont want to get raped

10-15 -20 thb from a small soi to the MRT or BTS station ( 1km ) is normalish

kids pay 10 thb to go to school ,thais pay between 10-20thb depending on their percieved wealth :rolleyes: ,managers ,thai men in suits and "rich" farangs obviously should pay a bit more :whistling:

about 150 thb from kao san rd area down to sukhumvit seems to be as low as theyle go because they know in the mornings that would take 2 hours in a car and they can do it in 15 scary minutes

even the colour printers across the road charge me 25 thb for a colour photocopy and my wife pays 20 thb when she goes in and i wait outside

Learn to speak Thai and they're generally quite honest.

I used to use them all the time.

So I can tell you Sukhumwit/Asoke to Suk/Nana is 50Baht in the evening anyway. During the day it may be about 40B.

Soi 19 to Emporium is 40B, Asoke to there would be 30.

Nana to Ekamai would be 80B

Nana to onnut, get the skytrain.

Most journeys around the small sois are 20-30baht.

Suk/Asoke to Thai Cultural Center, is a fair distance with lots of traffic, so I would say at least 100B. Get the MRT.

As a rule, it generally gets a bit cheaper as you move away from the centre of town.

As someone mentioned, they usually have a price list up now, and as I read a bit of Thai, I can tell you the Thais pay the same as we do.

They have a bad rep for driving a bit fast, but i think theyre ok, who better to negotiate BKK traffic than the guy who does it for a living?

Edited by macknife

In rush hour, bets are off and fares actually need to be pre-negotiated.

Other times, what I do when I don't know the fair price is I pretend I do, hand them a 100 baht note at the end, and wait for change. They then assume I know the fair price, and give me change accordingly. Works every time.

Most of those guys are not out to rip off farangs in the first place - their business is to deliver people from here to there, lots of them, and not to scam some farang out of 40 baht and perhaps get a problem, or, worse still, deal with farang-rage.

Be wary of the ones parked outside hotels and such, those are the exception.