Molybdenum Powder Where To Buy?

sailaway2000

I am in need of either pure Molybdenum powder to mix into a paste/grease or an actual paste/grease with 60% Molybdenum content.

For those who do not know, Molybdenum (MoS20) is a naturally occurring substance similar to graphite, but substantially more slippery, and physically adheres to the metal it comes in contact with. Useful in high shear/friction applications.

I'm not holding out much hope that anyone know where this is available, but thought I'd try before importing it.

Thanks

I doubt if pure Molybdenum is available as a pure element here, however, Molybdenum Disulphide is, and this is the main addative in commercial lunricants.

I have bought it from the chemical supply house on Suthep Road opposite the faculty of medicine.

I believe that molybdenum disulphide is the substance that the person making the inquiry is really looking for. He does put the chemical compound name in parentheses and nearly gets it right. For what it's worth it should be written MoS2. (At least if Wikipedia is to be believed) And it is the chemical compound used for lubrication much like graphite. Not pure molybdenum which is a metal.

I doubt if pure Molybdenum is available as a pure element here, however, Molybdenum Disulphide is, and this is the main addative in commercial lunricants.

I have bought it from the chemical supply house on Suthep Road opposite the faculty of medicine.

I believe that molybdenum disulphide is the substance that the person making the inquiry is really looking for. He does put the chemical compound name in parentheses and nearly gets it right. For what it's worth it should be written MoS2. (At least if Wikipedia is to be believed) And it is the chemical compound used for lubrication much like graphite. Not pure molybdenum which is a metal.

Is this why those delicious pastries are so smooth?