Driving From Pattaya To Phuket

bomberbod

I'm thinking driving from Pattaya to Phuket. I'm looking for some good advice on the best place to stopover en route to break up the journey. The wife and 2 boys (9 & 11) will be travelling too so not looking for nightlife hotspots just a nice place about halfway (or more as two of us will be driving) to stop overnight.

Cheers

Hi bomberbod user_popup.png,

I drive from Bangkok or Kanchanaburi to Phuket each year and stay in Prachuap Khiri Khan Town by the sea in a Thai Hotel over looking the bay, 6 floors, and has a swimming pool for the kids and food is OK there as well.

Have fun

Sawadee :wai:

Plenty of places to stop for the night if thats all it is. Why pay extra for all the gloss

Hua hin (5 hours from Pattaya) PP villa, center of town, easy walk to rests and they have a pool and internet. 800-900 b

ChumPhon 7 hours

Ranong 8 hours nice hotel right on the main road with hot springs and pools Royal Princess 800-1,000

or do the whole thing ( what i usually do) 11 hours and i drive about 100 kms/hour and stop to eat and gas only

Plenty of places to stop for the night if thats all it is. Why pay extra for all the gloss

Hua hin (5 hours from Pattaya) PP villa, center of town, easy walk to rests and they have a pool and internet. 800-900 b

ChumPhon 7 hours

Ranong 8 hours nice hotel right on the main road with hot springs and pools Royal Princess 800-1,000

or do the whole thing ( what i usually do) 11 hours and i drive about 100 kms/hour and stop to eat and gas only

Not very advisable with 2 young boys in the back.!!!

To the OP have done Bangkok/Krabi several times which is approx. the same mileage, and always stopped near to Chumphon.

Plenty of hotels or beach resorts to choose from. Drive safely.

regards

yermanee

• Like 1