(Yamaha) Fino Frequent Flat Tires

flyingfox

I am convinced someone has it in for me because I've asked my friends and nobody else is getting as many flat tires which I only discover once the bike has been in my condo's garage for some time (Viewtalay 6 Condo in Pattaya).

I don't know who I've pissed off but I'm also considering it might be the bike. :ermm:

Does this happen to you too?

Edited by flyingfox

Find out what type of puncture you are getting. Used to happen to me on my Mountain bike. Turned out that the hole through which the inner tube stem was a bit too sharp. Solved that by getting inner tubes with metal stems. When you replace your inner tube, make sure the chang inspects the inner part of your tire. This is done by rubbing your hands on the inside wall of your tire to make sure there are no protruding nails, wire or even staples that could puncture your inner tube.

Ore someone at your appartment really likes you.

Also inspect the tube for the location of the puncture holes. We had a Fino that 2 separate customers had new tubes put in. Second customer bought the old tube and from the location of the holes, we could see that the puncture hole was made by a spoke. Turns out the rim tape inside the wheel had at some point been pushed out of it's proper location. New rim tape - no further problems.

Of course, if your tyre is worn and you ride in the gutter a lot, you'll vastly increase your chances of picking up a puncture.

Cheers,

Pikey