Private Property Vs Beach Access

fxm88

Hey All!

I've got a question about beach access and private property. I live down Soi 12 in Naklua and have always used a trail on the property directly south of The Sanctuary of Truth to get down to the beach. This property has an old house that's unoccupied except for a sometimes watchman/security guard. Other than that it's undeveloped.

Recently, someone, perhaps the owner, has been blocking off the driveway with branches and brambles and on of those unfriendly "Privat Property No Tresspassing" signs.

I understand in Thailand that the beach itself is public property, but what about access to the beach? The Sanctuary of Truth juts out into the ocean making access from the north impossible. The closest public road to the south is all the way around on all Soi 16, near the Park Beach condominium .

Lacking a boat what am I to do?

TIA!

I don't think it would be wise of you, to question the owners rights.....It could rightfully be his private property. Access to ones' land is a priority and a source of many disagreements in Thai real estate law. This owner might have been asked to give right of way by officials or maybe not at all. I would suggest you go the long way around, maybe get some exercise and buy a bicycle...

Under Thai Law, if he is the owner of that tract he can close it off or put barriers up. - He can charge a toll too if he wants. If you trespass, he can call the Police and you'll be made to pay a fine.

You would have to go to court to establish if there is a Right of Way - but I doubt you would be successful as its not as if his land gives access to a property you own.