Watch Out For Pickpockets On Sonthaews

fxm88

I know it's been said many times before but it's worth repeating: watch your belongings on the songthaews.

Last night while riding a songthaew on Pattaya Klang from Tops towards Foodland I almost had my wallet stolen. Two younger women and an old woman with a little girl all working together -- dark skin, tattoos, a little on the heavy side. I was on alone then they got on and sat a little too close. When they got down from my songthaew the crossed the street to get on a songthaew going back down towards Tops -- my guess is they shuttle back and forth many times.

Also it's possible they are in cahoots with the drivers as they didn't seem to have paid a fare. I hate to be paranoid but I wouldn't put anything past some of those b@stards.

Very similar to my experience in May.

Woman with little child sat beside me, child in between on my left side.

A girl on my right started chatting me up and then I felt a hand in the top of my left pocket.

I turned around and the woman pulled her hand back around her little kid whom she was using as a blind. Luckily, my money etc was in the other pocket.

I told her to "get her <deleted> hands off" quite loudly.

The woman, the kid and the chat-up girl then got off the bus very quickly.

Might have been the same crew.

Now I sit either at the open end or right up behind the cab with the "loaded" pocket on the side remote from any other passenger.

Also, zipper pockets, velcro tabs etc.

I don't carry my wallet as its too easily seen. I put cash in each secure pocket, separating big bills from small bills so I never pull out a wodge in front of people.

:D

Friends of me where ripped in Jan, sure by reading the post exact same crew, also same street. They were operating at night time in a packed bahtbus and tried to drop the little todler on my friend knees. My friends didnt notice it untill they were at their hotel.

Whould be very supprising if police doesnt know it :o

Peter

Well my experience Thai(s) dont generally sit close to farangs, nor speak to them. Group of thai(s) got on one and started making conversation with me and my mate a few years back. I basically told my mate to keep eye on his pockets ect. Needless to say they quickly buzzed off - guess they realized we weren't that stupid.