What Is The Cause Of The Mid Life Crisis

Chunky1

But mid life crisis even hits men (mainly) who are very successful i.e made a huge load of money, have property cars etc, but find out that more STUFF doesn't make you any more happier. I think I've had a couple of mid life crises, but have finally worked out that having good relationships at work , home or wherever, gives life its meaning. Sure good sex is great but even that becomes less important as you get older - even in Thailand. I'm never bored because there is always too much to do, or think about, or laugh at. My wife and I both think we're a bit crazy - to me thats a compliment.

Enough rave, mid life crisis is caused by boredom, loss of meaning, and never taking the time to ask yourself what's really important.

Tim.... Nice refreshing post. Thanks for that!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To get back to the original post "What is the cause of the mid life crisis" - its not a secret - its when we think we are getting older and are missing out on having sex with different people - as we did when we were young.

So - if we start having sex again with different people we will be young again.....

The boring truth is that marriage needs to be worked at if it is to survive and (much as we would like to believe otherwise) we ARE getting older! We all panic when we realise this (and fantasise about the perfect partner), but some decide that they have to behave as teenagers again - partying and having sex with anyone that will have us.....

Some people think this through and realise they have a good life (even if they're not getting the excitement of different partners) - others don't....and by the time they realise - its too late, their partner won't forgive them.

Edited by F1fanatic

There seem to be three sorts og guy here

1/working

2/bar fly

3/ ordinary guy married and doing the same things they did back home but in comfortable surroundings and cheaper

Couldn't agree more. Its far easier (and, in the short term, cheaper) to find a woman here.

Rather than have to carry on supporting a farang spouse quite capable of taking care of herself?

Your embittered posts are becoming tedious in the extreme :boring:

1/working

2/bar fly

3/ ordinary guy married and doing the same things they did back home but in comfortable surroundings and cheaper

Couldn't agree more. Its far easier (and, in the short term, cheaper) to find a woman here.

Rather than have to carry on supporting a farang spouse quite capable of taking care of herself?

Good grief - that post was days ago! But anyway, what the hel_l are you talking about?

1/working

2/bar fly

Good grief - that post was days ago! But anyway, what the hel_l are you talking about?

Um, yesterday in fact. Go have another one. Or several.

To get back to the original post "What is the cause of the mid life crisis" - its not a secret - its when we think we are getting older and are missing out on having sex with different people - as we did when we were young. Did you???

So - if we start having sex again with different people we will be young again..... Bet you don't though ...

The boring Yes you are truth is that marriage needs to be worked at if it is to survive and (much as we would like to believe otherwise) we ARE getting older! We all panic when we realise this (and fantasise uh hu uh hu about the perfect partner), but some decide that they have to behave as teenagers again - partying and having sex with anyone that will have us..... You, you mean ...

Some people think this through and realise they have a good life (even if they're not getting the excitement of different partners) - others don't....and by the time they realise - its too late, their partner won't forgive them. And certainly not the likes of you. I don't remember your ever posting your husband asking for 'forgiveness' from you anyway?

Sorry everyone, personal argument that Evanson has decided to pursue on TV....

Who the hel_l are you? Other than some woman constantly bemoaniong the fact that she was dumped for a bar girl as soon as the plane hit the runway and whose ONLY 'contribution to thaivisa is that 'all women from Isaan' are prostitutes? Go get a life <deleted>.

To get back to the original post "What is the cause of the mid life crisis" - its not a secret - its when we think we are getting older and are missing out on having sex with different people - as we did when we were young. Did you???

So - if we start having sex again with different people we will be young again..... Bet you don't though ...

The boring Yes you are truth is that marriage needs to be worked at if it is to survive and (much as we would like to believe otherwise) we ARE getting older! We all panic when we realise this (and fantasise uh hu uh hu about the perfect partner), but some decide that they have to behave as teenagers again - partying and having sex with anyone that will have us..... You, you mean ...

Some people think this through and realise they have a good life (even if they're not getting the excitement of different partners) - others don't....and by the time they realise - its too late, their partner won't forgive them. And certainly not the likes of you. I don't remember your ever posting your husband asking for 'forgiveness' from you anyway?

I rest my case. Personal argument and Evanson has to resort to insults that she thinks will hurt me :rolleyes:.

So sorry everyone that this has been dragged onto TV.

Edited by F1fanatic

I am a bit concerned about the man using sarahsbloke's avatar :whistling:

1) I actually look like my avatar (or at least I did when I was a little bit younger) and share several of his character traits.

It's a shame about your nose, but you have cute eyes

Yeh, it's definitely one of those plastic jobbies. :D

Oi! Get a room you guys . . . . biggrin.gif

You're spoiling my MLC . . . . whistling.gif

Women have mid-life crisis also. The only difference is that they take a 'ladies holiday' to the Bahamas or West Africa to get their nut. Why you might ask? Because they can't find a native man in their country who would touch them with a barge pole... The gigolos who service them are just the same as Thai bar girls, as it's all about the baht...

Women have mid-life crisis also. The only difference is that they take a 'ladies holiday' to the Bahamas or West Africa to get their nut. Why you might ask? Because they can't find a native man in their country who would touch them with a barge pole... The gigolos who service them are just the same as Thai bar girls, as it's all about the baht...

Yep,

Women do it in Style. Go somewhere like Barbados where some of the worlds Elite have homes (which they have no problem OWNING) and meet men who know the deal and play largely by the rules. The women understand short time and don't get confused by it. The servicing staff also act accordingly. You'll notice there are not forums full of women complaining about how some beach nigga stole their HummerH2 and beach front property. The women work smart and play smart. I think I know why but it will upset too many forum members if I share my views on this.

Yep,

Women do it in Style. Go somewhere like Barbados where some of the worlds Elite have homes (which they have no problem OWNING) and meet men who know the deal and play largely by the rules. The women understand short time and don't get confused by it. The servicing staff also act accordingly. You'll notice there are not forums full of women complaining about how some beach nigga stole their HummerH2 and beach front property. The women work smart and play smart. I think I know why but it will upset too many forum members if I share my views on this.

You forgot to say,

Before they go, they divorce their western husbands, taking his house and pension (not having contributed to either), and their ex-husband ends up paying for their fun and (sex)games.

Yep,

You forgot to say,

Before they go, they divorce their western husbands, taking his house and pension (not having contributed to either), and their ex-husband ends up paying for their fun and (sex)games.

You're right. Maybe I should have spelled out that women are on the whole a lot smarter about these things. maybe that comes from being considered second class citizens for so long that they are now keen to redress that imbalance. Maybe they are just more emotionally intelligent? Who knows, but they have found a way to turn lemons into lemonade, haven't they? B)

You're right. Maybe I should have spelled out that women are on the whole a lot smarter about these things. maybe that comes from being considered second class citizens for so long that they are now keen to redress that imbalance. Maybe they are just more emotionally intelligent? Who knows, but they have found a way to turn lemons into lemonade, haven't they? B)

Maybe, if we consider things that way, Coloured and Native Americans should be running the country and having all the laws made to pander to their wants, after all they were considered far worse than second class citizens .... and still are.

I don't believe its a question of being smarter .... more a question of restricting and controlling the supply of pussy.

You watched any American movie recently, seen how whipped all the guys are, it's totally pathetic!

Maybe, if we consider things that way, Coloured and Native Americans should be running the country and having all the laws made to pander to their wants, after all they were considered far worse than second class citizens .... and still are.

I don't believe its a question of being smarter .... more a question of restricting and controlling the supply of pussy.

You watched any American movie recently, seen how whipped all the guys are, it's totally pathetic!

Yeah. Next thing you know they'll start labeling themselves according to what woman currently owns them.

Yeah. Next thing you know they'll start labeling themselves according to what woman currently owns them.

:cheesy:

Sorry SB, you were wide open for that one

I think the power struggle is ongoing and the ups and downs will be a source of heated debate for years. The Child Support Agency gave birth to a dis-chuffed Dads organization for example. The lawmakers try and redress the balance (rightly or wrongly) and the "victims" of the change go to war. Its how it always was, and how it always will be.

Women though, have been around as long as men and are just now (as in the last 30) beginning to really feel like stake holders. Women are now captains of some industries and are setting examples for some male leaders to follow. Sure we could all through stones at maggie thatcher, but for one bad female PM, how many bad male ones have there been.

all we are saying is give peace a chance :rolleyes:

Has it crossed your mind that when you start looking for evidence to back up your 'convictions' in Hollywood Movie Plots your convictions might be in need of a professional assessment?

Has it crossed your mind that when you start looking for evidence to back up your 'convictions' in Hollywood Movie Plots your convictions might be in need of a professional assessment?

Come down off the fence, GH and tell us what you really mean! ;)

Edited by Loz

Yep,

Think that you're wrong here, quite a few ending up marrying their short term holiday BF's and even take the guys home to be later ripped-off, scammed or in one famous case the hubby turned out to be gay all along (look up the details of the author of the book 'How Stella got her groove Back').

Never knew I were having a mid life crisis.

The ex in the UK had been asking for a divorce for years, kept saying wait till the children have left school, wait until they have work, wait until they leave home.

Well one left home at the same time the company asked if I wanted a posting out in Indonesia?

Wife at the time could only see "tax rebate", "foreign travel".

Checked out HK, KL and Thailand. Phuket and Bangkok did not like, Pattaya got the nod.

It was agreed that I would walk away from a 4 bed house, two cars and investments. I would keep my pension and not pay maintenance.

Well after 3 years living here met a woman who 3 years later is still with me. Affection and care is showered upon me of a type and range I have never had nor ever seen. Makes me feel humble at times. Taught me to speak Thai and enjoy the thailand and it's countryside outside Pattaya.

Will never leave, since there is nothing that would make me.

The ex wants me back, apologises for her behaviour towards me, calls Thai females all sort of names.

Tell her if a poloka dotted woman from mars treated me nice and kindly, I would still feel the same.

It is not a mid life crisis, more coming to one senses and realising what you want and above all need is not there.

Crisis, what crisis, it is enlightment................

I can really relate to your story...a couple of years ago my wife and I back in the UK were going nowhere. She was constantly drinking and making life unbearable. I have a good job with a multi-national company and they offered me relocation to BKK. At first I took a while to adjust to life here...I then met a lovely girl with a good job who could speak great English - we have been together for the last 15 months and to be honest I can never see myself going back to the UK even though my ex would love me to. Life is amazing here - I just cant understand all those people who knock it, yes some things are a pain like work permits and visas but at the end of the day they are the rules and if you want to stay here you have to abide by them. I can see how it would be easy to drink every day if you didnt work here but hey everybody has a choice and if thats what some want to do it why knock it. I count myself lucky to be here every day - I maybe having some sort of midlife crisis but I am loving every minute of it!