Used Car Warranty

fred007

Could someone please advise me if you purchase a second hand vehicle from a licensed second hand dealer.

.Are they required to offer a warranty by law?...........................Or is it the One -Two Warranty system ???......Once you have purchased the car,Its( too Two) late...jap.gif

post-42073-0-91042800-1289604414_thumb.j

MRO hit it but in response some do, you have to be a savvy consumer and find the ones that do, surely the cars on their lot will likely also be more expensive so there's that to consider whether or not it's worth the extra cost off the top or not?

it's hard to buy a second car in Thailand unless u r getting from the owner. most second hand car dealers buy scrap metals from insurance companies and get the car back into shape and sell it off at a VERY LIMITED warranty. which does not include wear n tear.

AFAIK No country in the world requires used cars to be sold with a warranty - licensed dealer or not.

Correction Australia does.

Most countries in Europe do by law, depending on cars age

to avoid it between two private individuals, it must be agreed on in writing

Edited by katabeachbum

Well I have to say our dealership has been very accommodating and even provided free towing and other perks for the first year...Quite unexpected for a used car dealer..

Toyota sure?

Nope, tent dealer, Rattanakosin used cars in what province is a good question.. And my car is an older model Vento, 16 years to be exact..

Well I have to say our dealership has been very accommodating and even provided free towing and other perks for the first year...Quite unexpected for a used car dealer..

Toyota sure?

Nope, tent dealer, Rattanakosin used cars in what province is a good question.. And my car is an older model Vento, 16 years to be exact..

always tot vento was a problematic car. how was it?

AFAIK No country in the world requires used cars to be sold with a warranty - licensed dealer or not.

................................ Don't you just hate yourself when your wrong.............................................giggle.gif

................................ Don't you just hate yourself when your wrong.............................................giggle.gif

Yes I hate when I am wrong, the other day I thought I was wrong but then realized I right after all :)

Yes I hate when I am wrong, the other day I thought I was wrong but then realized I right after all :)

Confucius

"Two wrongs not make right, but two rights make U-turn." ...biggrin.gif

Toyota sure?

Well that's not a fair assessment... It's a 16 year old USED car in Thailand which means it's had 16 years of Thai engineering abuse but still taking that into account I've not had any problems that really weren't expected for a car that age of any make..

In fact considering the upgraded Thai engineering I've enoucoutered over the inferior German engineering it was produced with :whistling: I'd say it's a bloody miracle it's still on the road at all let alone the condition it's in at the moment and that can only be attributed to the durability of the original package..

Toyota sure?

Well that's not a fair assessment... It's a 16 year old USED car in Thailand which means it's had 16 years of Thai engineering abuse but still taking that into account I've not had any problems that really weren't expected for a car that age of any make..

In fact considering the upgraded Thai engineering I've enoucoutered over the inferior German engineering it was produced with :whistling: I'd say it's a bloody miracle it's still on the road at all let alone the condition it's in at the moment and that can only be attributed to the durability of the original package..

eye opener, didn't expect the vento made it till today.

Technically I wasn't wrong, I clearly stated "AFAIK" :)

• 6 months later...

Technically I wasn't wrong, I clearly stated "AFAIK" :)

As Far As I Know is an excellent out for sure.....

All second hand vehicles sold by a LMCT..licensed motor car trader in Australia above the purchase price of $1000.00 must supply a minimum 3 month warranty on all parts and labor except for windscreen and battery.private sales are between individuals to determine conditions of sale.......FYI :rolleyes:

it's hard to buy a second car in Thailand unless u r getting from the owner. most second hand car dealers buy scrap metals from insurance companies and get the car back into shape and sell it off at a VERY LIMITED warranty. which does not include wear n tear.

New car warrantie not even include wear and tear. There is only warranty on engine and drive train. All our rental cars (which we bought new) have no warrantie on brakes, tires, power windows, brakes, engine mounts, drive shafts, suspension parts, etc. So forget about warrantie anyway. How used car dealers can offer warrantie when new cars are limited and finish after 3 years. You want warrantie you buy new (any pay more, of crose)!

As Far As I Know is an excellent out for sure.....

All second hand vehicles sold by a LMCT..licensed motor car trader in Australia above the purchase price of $1000.00 must supply a minimum 3 month warranty on all parts and labor except for windscreen and battery.private sales are between individuals to determine conditions of sale.......FYI :rolleyes:

Yeah, well, have to admit I don't know a lot about the Australian used car market. I'm flat out understanding the posts made here by Australian ex-pat members like Wandrinstar, let alone the broader Australian population ;)

Same rules in most of European countries, specially Germany and Switzerland (where i come from), therefore all cheap cars go to export and not be sold in Germany or Switzerland anyway, because with export, car dealers (most of them are Yugos and Turks anyway), get more cash and not worrie about warrantie. Everone who have comonsense NOT sale car for 1'000 Dollar in the same country, because on a 1'000 Dollar car you can always find more to repair as the car is worth. In USA it's different all cars below 2'000 USD can be sold without warrantie. 2'000 USD Cars are crab anyway, so there would be no warantie possible.

I think Sweden have these rules.

Edited by Semper