Etihad - Bangkok Air Connecting Flight

naboo

My father will be flying into Bangkok with Etihad and connecting onto Chiang Mai with Bangkok Air. I've checked his booking online, and his LHR-BKK and BKK-CNX flights both appear on the Bangkok Air site when I check details so I'm assuming he'll be connecting, not collecting bags, through transit and clearing immigration in Chiang Mai. Questions:

Am I correct he'll clear immigration in Chiang Mai and bags will be transferred without him collecting, just crossing fingers?

If so, how would he be prevented from going through the airport with all the domestic passengers in Chiang Mai and meeting me without having cleared immigration?

Where would I meet him, domestic or international arrivals?

I did a search on the forum, and Etihad connections with Thai Air were dealt with, but Bangkok Air is a budget airline and other questions above weren't asked.

Thanks in advance for replies.

Yes he will clear immigration in Chiang Mai.<BR>I did the same in October to Phuket.<BR>There is a small immigration booth which he will be directed to.<BR>I hope this was helpful to you.<BR>Kindest Regards.<BR>Goggles.<BR>

i sugest , that when your father is going thru transit at BKK ,

he enquires with bangkok air staff, when he checks in that his luggage is sorted.

they only need his luggage tab bar code , which will be given to him at london .

Despite what the website says, that's now the way it worked 3 weeks ago.

I flew Cathay Pacific into Bangkok (Cathay Pacific and Emirates are on the same list on the website) and transferred to Bangkok Air there for my flight to Chiang Mai.

When I checked in with Cathay I showed them my Bangkok Air ticket and they checked my luggage all the way through to CNX. My Cathay flight was delayed slightly and I was met at the gate in BKK by a golf cart from Bangkok Air and I was driven to the transfer desk. Despite the short transfer time, they still insisted I clear Immigration at BKK.

Upon arrival in CNX I had to pick up my luggage at the International Arrivals area with the two other passengers that also made an international to domestic transfer. There was no one manning the Immigration desks at CNX.

Maybe it makes a difference as to the time of day that the flight is landing, but I haven't cleared Immigration in CNX in many years unless I was on an international flight and every passenger had to go through immigration. It also may be different if your BKK connection is between two Thai Airways flights.

In any case the OP will meet the passenger at International Arrivals.