Type B Visa - Required Documents

hello, I have been scouring the internet for days trying to find out exactly what documents I need to get a b visa.( will be applying for this is a neighboring SEA country). I cant seem to get a definite answer. I know I need a letter of invitation from the company, and I think I also need a reciept showing I've filed a wp3 form for work permit. some posts are sayiing I also need various documents about the company. other posts say I just need those for the 1 year extension. thanks for your help

Edited by michael888

2.1 Non-Immigrant Visa Category “B” (Business Visa) is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom to work or to conduct business.

(1) Foreigners who wish to work in Thailand must provide the following documents:

- Passport or travel document with validity of not less than 6 months.

- Completed visa application form.

- Recent passport-sized photograph (4 x 6 cm) of the applicant taken within the past 6 months.

- Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family).

- Letter of approval from the Ministry of Labour. To obtain this letter, the applicant’s prospective employer in Thailand is required to submit Form WP3 at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour Tel. 02-2452745, or at the Provincial Employment Office in his or her respective province

- Copy of Work Permit issued by the Ministry of Labour and alien income tax or Por Ngor Dor 91 (only in the case where applicant has previously worked in Thailand).

- Corporate documents of hiring company in Thailand such as:

1) business registration and business license

2) list of shareholders

3) company profile

4) details of business operation

5) list of foreign workers stating names, nationalities and positions

6) map indicating location of the company

7) balance sheet, statement of Income Tax and Business Tax (Por Ngor Dor 50 and Por Ngor Dor 30 of the latest year)

8) value-added tax registration (Por Por 20)

- Document indicating the number of foreign tourists (for tourism business only), or document indicating export transactions issued by banks (for export business only).

N.B.

- An alien who receives a Non-Immigrant visa can work in Thailand once he or she is being granted a work permit. An alien in violation of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) concerning taking up employment without work permit or the Royal Decree B.E. 2522 (1979) concerning holding employment in certain restricted occupations and professions shall be prosecuted and imprisoned or fined, or shall face both penalties.

- It is recommended that the applicant should apply for visa at the Thai Embassy/ Consulate in the country where he/she has the residence

2.1 Non-Immigrant Visa Category "B" (Business Visa) is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom to work or to conduct business.

(1) Foreigners who wish to work in Thailand must provide the following documents:

- Passport or travel document with validity of not less than 6 months.

- Completed visa application form.

- Recent passport-sized photograph (4 x 6 cm) of the applicant taken within the past 6 months.

- Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family).

- Letter of approval from the Ministry of Labour. To obtain this letter, the applicant's prospective employer in Thailand is required to submit Form WP3 at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour Tel. 02-2452745, or at the Provincial Employment Office in his or her respective province

- Copy of Work Permit issued by the Ministry of Labour and alien income tax or Por Ngor Dor 91 (only in the case where applicant has previously worked in Thailand).

- Corporate documents of hiring company in Thailand such as:

1) business registration and business license

2) list of shareholders

3) company profile

4) details of business operation

5) list of foreign workers stating names, nationalities and positions

6) map indicating location of the company

7) balance sheet, statement of Income Tax and Business Tax (Por Ngor Dor 50 and Por Ngor Dor 30 of the latest year)

8) value-added tax registration (Por Por 20)

- Document indicating the number of foreign tourists (for tourism business only), or document indicating export transactions issued by banks (for export business only).

N.B.

- An alien who receives a Non-Immigrant visa can work in Thailand once he or she is being granted a work permit. An alien in violation of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) concerning taking up employment without work permit or the Royal Decree B.E. 2522 (1979) concerning holding employment in certain restricted occupations and professions shall be prosecuted and imprisoned or fined, or shall face both penalties.

- It is recommended that the applicant should apply for visa at the Thai Embassy/ Consulate in the country where he/she has the residence

I had to also include list of Thai employees their names and some other info about them, The Thai employees were afraid that it also had to include their ID numbers which it did not. You also need a letter of invitation, which I did not have and had to have emailed to me in Laos for the Thai Embassy, you also need a copy of the contract between you and the employer, length of time, salary etc. Similar but different than the contract. Just did this last month. Embassy's in the area will only give you 90 days, that is the rule, which you have to extend at local immigration with another stack of paperwork, embassy's further away or in your home country will give you the one year visa no problem. My position was Hotel Manager.Contract must show minimum salary of 50,000 Bhat per month. Form to fill out must show salary and any other perks, like free acomodation,, meals etc. Copy of your credentials, Degrees, diplomas etc. As I have posted the requirements before almost 14 documents, more than the website lists.

Edited by Colabamumbai

you didn't really looked at all, ministry of foreign affairs lists all papers needed...

Their are more papers needed than the MFA lists........Be aware. I just went thru the process a month ago.

thanks god I don't need all that when applying for a 1-year-non-IMMI-B-multiple-entry at the consulate conveniently located in my home town in Europe.

"what's that load of papers you bring here ?"

"ermmmm...... the required documents, company registration, each page stamped and signed, list of shareholders, Financial results of the years 2005 to......"

"take that rubbish away, hand over the money for the Visa and don't annoy us with those papers that will only fill our files way too quickly"

"ermmmmm, okay then, here is my Passport, the money and the photos"

"Okay, that sounds much better, just wait for two minutes, or, if all hell breaks lose, even three"

(after waiting the usual time of less than 2 minutes:)

"Here is your Passport with your new VISA, you know we are the friendly consulate and you will be usually out in less than 5 minutes"

"yes I know and appreciate that"

"and don't ever dare to bombard us with such a lot of unwanted documents again"

"of course not, I am so sorry about that"

"have a safe journey back to Thailand"

"thank you and SAWATDEE KRAB"