Were To Take A Nap In Singapore Airport ?

sub101uk

Early January I will be going down to Singapore and will be be traveling on Tiger Airways from Hat Yai . The business I have in Singapore will take less than 2 hours since the flight from ,Hat Yai does not get in till about 5pm I can do nothing on that day now I am booked to return to Hat Yai the following day .

To save money I was thinking of sleeping in the airport as far as I can remember Tiger airways gets into the Budget terminal which I think has nothing ? I have in the past used Singapore airport many times in the past but cannot remember seeing any were on the check in side any lounges I fully understand on the departing side you have access to the short term stay hotels or even those chaise lounges but like I said thats all on the other departing gate side not on the checkin side of things .

if you were to check in and get into the departing gate side you get access to :-

Transit Hotels

Rainforest Lounge T1

Ambassador T3

Plaza Lounge T2

Plus all the snooze chairs

But from what I can see and remember in Ter 1 & T2 all you have on the check in side is those hard plastic chairs I cannot remember seeing any open lounges were you could pay 50 $ to get access to a nice soft chair .

I have seen a few Airline lounges on the check in side if your flying with some of the airlines but nothing more .So does any body know a good sleeping area were I could crash out for 17 hours ?

Thanks

Sub101uk

I think you are out of luck. You have to clear Arrival Immigration in the Budget Terminal, then take a shuttle bus to Termianl 2 basement, which is LANDSIDE. Thus you would not be able to gain access to the great facilities you mention as those are AIRSIDE.

Maybe best to just book a inexpensive hotel room in town?

Changi T1T2T3BT map

I think you are out of luck. You have to clear Arrival Immigration in the Budget Terminal, then take a shuttle bus to Termianl 2 basement, which is LANDSIDE. Thus you would not be able to gain access to the great facilities you mention as those are AIRSIDE.

Changi T1T2T3BT map

I 2nd this advice;OP wants to pay 50$ for night in chair!Go to JooChiat road where you will find string of excellent hotels for 20S$ more,Fragrance JooChiat - you will have clean,nice room with plasma Tv,dvd machine,aircon etc.

If it is to much for you,go to Geylang Rd.(MRT station Aljunied) where hotels are cheaper(the best -:"Four Chains","Compass",also with plasma - 60S$);you can even stay in "Ideal Backpackers",which is backpackers hostel on the other end of Geylang street,(Kallang MRT - the next one),dorm bed for 20S$ or very nice room for 50S$(www.backpackers.com.sg);a lot of good,cheap restaurants;and some fun,if you are lonely.

It is not cheap -1US$=1.3S$;fun starts from  one hundred?

Budget Terminal is not connected with T1,T2,T3 by train,only shuttle bus,once you are inside BudgetT(after immigration),you can not move to T1,2,3

Changi T1T2T3BT map

I 2nd this advice;OP wants to pay 50$ for night in chair!Go to JooChiat road where you will find string of excellent hotels for 20S$ more,Fragrance JooChiat - you will have clean,nice room with plasma Tv,dvd machine,aircon etc.

If it is to much for you,go to Geylang Rd.(MRT station Aljunied) where hotels are cheaper(the best -:"Four Chains","Compass",also with plasma - 60S$);you can even stay in "Ideal Backpackers",which is backpackers hostel on the other end of Geylang street,(Kallang MRT - the next one),dorm bed for 20S$ or very nice room for 50S$(www.backpackers.com.sg);a lot of good,cheap restaurants;and some fun,if you are lonely.

It is not cheap -1US$=1.3S$;fun starts from one hundred?

Budget Terminal is not connected with T1,T2,T3 by train,only shuttle bus,once you are inside BudgetT(after immigration),you can not move to T1,2,3

Hi Guys

Thanks for your reply this is what I thought the only other way was to fly in on Thai Airways from Bangkok and when I got to Singapore airport just stay in the departing side were all the sleeping areas are as I think TG comes into T2 or T1 then the next day go through Immigration but the price on TG from Hat Yai To Singapore via Bangkok is megger bucks any way I have all ready booked with Tiger so looks like you say getting a cheap hotel in town or sitting on those hard plastic chairs at Terminal 1 or 2 well you have got ac , loos and eatting areas there .

Oh well thanks again .

Cheers

Sub101uk

Hi Guys

Thanks for your reply this is what I thought the only other way was to fly in on Thai Airways from Bangkok and when I got to Singapore airport just stay in the departing side were all the sleeping areas are as I think TG comes into T2 or T1 then the next day go through Immigration but the price on TG from Hat Yai To Singapore via Bangkok is megger bucks any way I have all ready booked with Tiger so looks like you say getting a cheap hotel in town or sitting on those hard plastic chairs at Terminal 1 or 2 well you have got ac , loos and eatting areas there .

Oh well thanks again .

Cheers

Sub101uk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Well the update on were to crash out at Singapore Airport for the night , After checking out all the terminals I found the best place was at Star Bucks next to Check in 11 at Terminal 2 they nice big arm chairs yes I had to buy some juice and food but its nice and cold , Toilets and a few eating places .I slept very well in the arm chair for 7 hours . But looking at the chairs I was not alone as many others were doing the same to save money ,So now we know .

Cheers all

sub101uk