Honda Crv

techno

I am thinking of purchasing a 2008 Honda CRV EL 4wd and 2.0 litre engine with 24k on the clock. I have searched the internet and have read mixed reviews about the CRV in the UK but not in Thailand where its specification is slightly different. I am not really interested in the Fortuner as it is far bigger than l require and l am not interested in off roading. Went very well on the test run. Do any TV members have any experience with this vehicle and l would appreciate any feedback you have.Thank you

If primary use is around town, and you don't need to it be able to carry 5 passengers routinely or do road trips, it's not a bad car. Quiet, and smooth riding around town, but likes a drink and hates weight on board.

No known major problems at this age.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Did l read somewhere they were shit in a crash test. ? :unsure:

The reviews l saw from the Uk say they were awarded a 4star from the European Safety Council which is more than other models in the range. Not thinking of crashing just yet

The reviews l saw from the Uk say they were awarded a 4star from the European Safety Council which is more than other models in the range.

Only SUV's/PPv's in TH that score less than 4 stars are the Ford Everest and Isuzu MU-7. Fortuner, Pajero Sport, and Captiva also 4 stars.

If primary use is around town, and you don't need to it be able to carry 5 passengers routinely or do road trips, it's not a bad car. Quiet, and smooth riding around town, but likes a drink and hates weight on board.

Tried to send you a pm as you are the expert. Reviews on the Honda CRV are mixed from the UK internet sites but they maybe different specifications but overall they were good.What fuel economy do you think l will get driving around town and on a long run. I like the car but is there any other vehicle of a similar type (ie Ford Escape) other than Fortuner,Pajero Sport or MU7 (like driving tanks) you think maybe better for me as these are to big for me and my wife to drive after l have had a few beers . Many thanks

The reviews l saw from the Uk say they were awarded a 4star from the European Safety Council which is more than other models in the range.

Only SUV's/PPv's in TH that score less than 4 stars are the Ford Everest and Isuzu MU-7. Fortuner, Pajero Sport, and Captiva also 4 stars.

Forgot about the Captiva but do not see many for sale second hand in Chiang Mai

Tried to send you a pm as you are the expert. Reviews on the Honda CRV are mixed from the UK internet sites but they maybe different specifications but overall they were good.What fuel economy do you think l will get driving around town and on a long run. I like the car but is there any other vehicle of a similar type (ie Ford Escape) other than Fortuner,Pajero Sport or MU7 (like driving tanks) you think maybe better for me as these are to big for me and my wife to drive after l have had a few beers . Many thanks

used to have a 2003, same engine and driveline

very thirsty, approx 8 km/L in town and 6km/L on highways trying to keep 140-160 kmh.

works fine with 2-3 adults, but unable to carry more due to lack of power/tourque and soft individual rear suspension.

terrible over mountains/hills, lack of low end power

very nice in town

only problem in one year 30-40k km was aircon, took a week to repair on warranty

Pajero Sport is just 16cm longer than current CR-V, 5mm narrower, 13cm taller, and has a turning radius of 5.6M vs CR-V's 5.5M (and Civic's 5.8M for comparison) - more like driving an overgrown Yaris (with grunt) than driving a tank ;) - which is what my wife came from driving, and has vowed never to go back to btw :P

The Escape is close to end-of-life and will be replaced next year with a new-2012-Focus derived model (similar to UK market Kuga). Before then, the only "soft roader" competition in TH is Captiva and Hyundai Tuscon, both of which will be very hard to find used.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Sorry, should add that I would definitely recommend the 2008 CR-V over the Ford Escape - even the older V6 models - it's a much newer design with better safety, appointments, and overall design. The diesel powered Captiva would be my #1 choice in soft-roaders (it's just a great car in every way), but the price in TH is silly. If you can find one of these used at the right price, you wouldn't be disapointed.