Hostage Shot By Pattaya Police During Rescue Attempt

webfact

Hostage shot by Pattaya Police during rescue attempt. Suspect manages to escape unharmed

PATTAYA: -- A kidnapping resulted in serious injuries sustained by the victim following a shootout between the kidnapper and Police in the early hours of Tuesday Morning. Khun Pusit aged 47, the co-owner of a Beauty Salon in South Pattaya was abducted by a man claiming to be a Police Officer. The suspect entered the Beauty Salon on Monday Night and claimed he had come to arrest Khun Pusit on drugs charges and intended to take him to Pattaya Police Station. Khun Pusit complied and was taken to an undisclosed location where the so-called Police Officer demanded payment of 100,000 Baht from Khun Pusit’s older sister and co-owner of the Beauty Salon.

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-01-18

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

^ don't think anyone has died yet - but, if he is the only one who can identify the kidnapper, his sister might want to get some life insurance sorted out smartish.

Edited by Orac

Why would the police divulge such info to the press? Is this just Pattaya One making up the rest of the story or do police really say that kind of stuff...

Reporter - "So whos car is it?"

Policeman - "Dunno"

Reporter - "Was it parked outside the police station earlier today?"

Policeman - "Errr, yeah? I dunno. I'm confused."

<deleted>

Sounds like a complete bodge job. They left the money, the guy picked it up, they had no way of preventing him getting away, they then shot the victim and let the bad guy run...If this is true, what a joke.

I think if I was investigating there are 3 question I want to know:

1. was the car hot wired?

2. Where are/were the keys used to drive the car to the police station?

3 when, how many, who is going to resign?

Answers:

1. It is now!

2. In the station of course.

3. Maybe a couple of transfers. (Go easy on them, it is their first offence today.)

"Police are confused as the car used by the suspect was parked at Pattaya Police Station and belonged to a drug user who was arrested earlier in the day and are unsure how it could have been used in this case."

:lol: :lol:

Thailand, Thailand, Thailand...

Get a handle all the riff-raff in strong positions. They have gone too far.

TheWalkingMan