October

Tone Capone

Hello Tone Capone -

I always fly from Newark, NJ with Eva Airways. I normally fly in the Evergreen Deluxe section (apply for the free evergreen card). There is ample legroom and the food and service are very good. Well worth the money.

As for food, I also tried living for a couple of dollars a day for food. I think very difficult to do. I tried eating lunch at the "all you can eat" salad bar (various soup included) at Sizzler's at ground floor, Royal Garden Plaza--for 99 baht.

i just got back from my last trip and i did manage on a few days to eat for $2/day.

i am not being cheap charlie it just happened, i stay at the areca lodge and they have buffet breakfast included it is excellent food i fill up in the morning and it keeps me going most of the day,and around 5ish i will go get a bowl of noodle soup and some sticky rice with pork,cost maybe 50baht still have change to have some other food in the bars at night.

i can highly recomend areca lodge very good value at 990baht a night incl breakfast and if you take a girl she eats for free too.

also has 2 pools and a gym,so i find i can relax by the pool after a big night out on the town.

As far as eating for $2 it should be no problem, even eating at better places. breakfast, egg over rice = 20 baht. lunch at Foodland, cow tom gai (chicken rice soup) they are a bit more expensive, but it is a/c and use chicken breast meat = 40 baht, dinner = big C south, fried vegetable w chicken over rice = 25 baht, total = 85 baht ($2)! Just an example, as you can eat anywhere at these prices or less.

• 2 weeks later...

indeed... as it happens, that flight was part of a kuoni package which was supposed to have the glorious phuket air... before their planes started to burst into flames or miss the landing strips!!! so, when phuket air got banned from the uk kuoni moved me onto a eva flight at no charge for me.

...what a breathtaking story... :o:D

cheers

ok, so we could meet 11th oct. in tahitian queen beach road early afternoon. i'm scheduled to land that day at 10:30 am, then taxi to ekkamai and then bus to ptya. so who knows what time i'll be ready to raise my 1st chalice :D:o nearer the date we'll try to sort out the time.

Anyone else wanting to join us??

And soi 6 will be compulsory, i fear!!! :D:D

ok, so we could meet 11th oct. in tahitian queen beach road early afternoon. i'm scheduled to land that day at 10:30 am, then taxi to ekkamai and then bus to ptya. so who knows what time i'll be ready to raise my 1st chalice :D  :o nearer the date we'll try to sort out the time.

And soi 6 will be compulsory, i fear!!! :D  :D

AWESOME!

What soi is it near on beach road? My hotel is on soi 8 (Flipper Lodge).

Sorry..........dont have my first drink until the sun sinks below the yard arm...........will be in Wonderful 1 (Soi Yamoto) at 7pm if your still in charge of your faculties.. :D

Sounds good. Don't see why we wouldn't be able to meet you in the evening, the more the merrier! :o

I can't be at the TQ in the afternoon and then we can role to Wonderful 1 in the evening and keep the party going! Anyone else?

Edited by Tone Capone

yes, i've heard fine reports on flipper. from soi 8, walk along beach road and you'll get to tahitian. that's the 1st pattaya gogo opened in 1978 rock'n'roll and fine ladies...shit how much i miss pattaya :D:D:D

soi 6 was the scene of an assault and robbery to a brit. so much i read on pattaya mail...better go there in 2 or 3 :o:D

still nothing has happened to me yet and soi 6 is still a must, no?

sorry, i didn't notice there was a page 4 :D

tone: if you can't make it in tq no probs

tone and thaiflyer: i'll be in yamato in the evening of 11th :D:D

Edited by dingdong

yes, i've heard fine reports on flipper. from soi 8, walk along beach road and you'll get to tahitian. that's the 1st pattaya gogo opened in 1978 rock'n'roll and fine ladies...shit how much i miss pattaya :D  :D  :D

soi 6 was the scene of an assault and robbery to a brit. so much i read on pattaya mail...better go there in 2 or 3  :o  :D

still nothing has happened to me yet and soi 6 is still a must, no?

sorry, i didn't notice there was a page 4 :D

tone: if you can't make it in tq no probs

tone and thaiflyer: i'll be in yamato in the evening of 11th   :D  :D

I will be at the TQ on the 11th at noon! Later during the evening we can hit yamato and meet up with thaiflyer... and yes soi 6 is a must :D

FYI, I'll probably be rocking a white t-shirt with "TONE CAPONE" written on it with a marker :D

Edited by Tone Capone

yes, sorted yeah. still, tone, please note tq opens its heavenly doors at 1:30 pm if i'm not mistaken. so it's settled for tq afternoon 11th as soon as i've taken my arse to my apartment and all. thereafter, let the devil take us in his grace and show us some good time :D:o:D:D

Even though I have been excited about this trip since April, I haven't even packed and my flight leave tomorrow night!!! I think this time it's just gonna be a pair of shorts, a couple pair of pants, some t-shirts and socks and underwear.... and of course condoms and imodium a.d. :o

Edited by Tone Capone