Nigerian Man, Guinean Woman Arrested At Suvarnabhumi With 4.6 Kg Of 'Ice'

webfact

Big drug busts continue

By The Nation

med_gallery_327_1086_13080.jpg

A Nigerian man and Guinean woman were nabbed at Suvarnabhumi Airport with 4.6 kilograms of crystal meth, while a package containing 490 grams of raw opium bound for the United States was seized.

Narcotics Suppression Police first arrested Nigerian Emerga Emmanuel Ogafor, 36, allegedly bound for Cambodia, and found two kilograms of crystal meth hidden inside an iron pipe.

Later police arrested Guanine Fatoumata Cisse, 36, also allegedly bound for Cambodia, who had 2.6 kilograms of crystal meth hidden inside her travel bag.

In the third case, police, following a tipoff from air courier DHL, uncovered 490 grams of raw opium, which could be made into heroin worth millions of baht, hidden in the soles of six women's shoes contained in a package that DHL picked up from an office in the Rama IV area.

Metropolitan Police also reported that their search of 316 targeted communities from January 26-February 6 yielded 385 suspected drug addicts, 92 suspected drug dealers and 31 people with drug arrest warrants out for them. Altogether 149,147 ya ba (speed) pills, 81 grams of crystal meth and 45 grams of marijuana were confiscated.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-02-09

"............ two kilograms of crystal meth hidden inside an iron pipe." I wonder how many people enter Thailand with an iron pipe large enough to contain 2kg of drugs in their luggage.

'Excuse me sir, why do you have an iron pipe in your bag?"

"Ummm......................."

"............ two kilograms of crystal meth hidden inside an iron pipe." I wonder how many people enter Thailand with an iron pipe large enough to contain 2kg of drugs in their luggage.

Too right.. just how big (and heavy) was this pipe? I went through Suvanabhumi last week and they're well tight, in and out.

Dumbass. But probably a desperate dumbass. :(

It takes two heavily armed cops with bullet proof vests (but no head protection) and the latest line in shades to take a handcuffed man to chokey? Methinks they have been watching too many Hollywood fantasy movies. Which one is known as Dirty Somjai I wonder. How long before BiB start wearing their underpants outside their tights?

Ha - yes he certainly looks like a mental giant!