Thai couples attempt to break world record for longest kiss

News_Editor

yuksville, even for a mention in Guinness, touching lips for hours sounds gross.

Ok ok, I know people will do the craziest things, but come on Guinness, you people should know this is just a contest to see which two people can hold their faces together for the longest time. You might as well have a contest for holding the tops of their heads together, or their stomachs or their buttocks. It has as much to do with kissing as tennis elbow has to do with playing hopscotch. My opinion of Guinness just went further downhill.

Meanwhile, is there any place in Thailand where there's a contest for the following things:

>>>> best invention?

>>>> most energy efficient house design?

>>>> best painting by a young person?

>>>> cleanest park?

>>>> longest bicycle path?

>>>> largest teak tree, largest bombax tree, maka tree, largest bamboo grove?

>>>> cleanest span of beach?

>>>> geography knowledge contest for youngsters or adults?

>>>> largest fruit, largest pumpkin, tastiest tomato?

???????? NO. there are scant few (if any) contests for anything wholesome or beneficial to society in Thailand.

but there's a bloody KISSING CONTEST .....where people press their faces together for agonizing hours.

LOL - on the verge of silly...and this is why the 5-min break rule exists in Guinness Record attempts - but this wasn't one of them.

Why do I have this feeling that 5-minute hourly breaks were allowed to the record holders but somehow this Thai contest didn't understand this rule.

LOL - on the verge of silly...and this is why the 5-min break rule exists in Guinness Record attempts - but this wasn't one of them.

Why do I have this feeling that 5-minute hourly breaks were allowed to the record holders but somehow this Thai contest didn't understand this rule.

Hope they didn't get too excited kissing, as there are a lot less condom vending machines around.:lol:

So whats the Finall result?

Good question. They seem to indicate it is not over but yet say they are splitting the prize money. I am still confused too because they are talking about beating a 2 year old record when in actuality the new record was set last year as stated in the OP.

Pattaya, the hub of kissers.

What a bunch of wasters. Has the world really come to this, and the bent 'look at us' couple in the US at it for 33 hours... cracking message for youngsters, that. They should be hung, drawn n quartered, the lot of em! :whistling:

OMG - the winners went at it for 46-hours SEE: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110214/ap_on_fe_st/as_thailand_kissing_contest

I have a feeling that this record may not hold as they appear to have not followed the Guinness people's rules. And if they had not checked into the rules correctly then I have a feeling they probably didn't take the steps to see what they needed to do to make this "record breaking" kiss eligible for the Guinness Record Book.

Guinness folks are real PC and by not allowing the contestants to have their 5-minute hourly breaks and/or accrue that time then I have a feeling they screwed the contestants. And by not knowing this rule I am assuming the organizers did not follow all the other steps you need to register your record.

Although the record at Guinness says the current record is held by a German couple who kissed for 32 hours, it is all over the net that a gay couple from America actually kissed for longer. I have to assume that the Americans also didn't take the steps before hand to make the Guinness Record Book.

This may be a trend that leads to Guinness becoming obsolete.

UPDATE

World Record for the longest continuous kiss broken in Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- The World Record for the longest continuous kiss has been broken here in Pattaya. At the Royal Garden Plaza in South Pattaya a special world record attempt had been organized to celebrate Valentines Day and required couples to engage in a continuous kiss for more than 32 hours which was the previous record set in Germany in 2009. 14 couples, who had to prove they were genuine married couples or were in long-standing relationships, puckered-up and attempted to break the record.

Story continues HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-02-15

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

UPDATE

World Record for the longest continuous kiss broken in Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- The World Record for the longest continuous kiss has been broken here in Pattaya. At the Royal Garden Plaza in South Pattaya a special world record attempt had been organized to celebrate Valentines Day and required couples to engage in a continuous kiss for more than 32 hours which was the previous record set in Germany in 2009. 14 couples, who had to prove they were genuine married couples or were in long-standing relationships, puckered-up and attempted to break the record.

Story continues HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-02-15

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

who cares?

if there was a 'Longest Kissing of a big Dead Fish' contest, the bright entrepreneurs of Pattaya would stand to the challenge. Here are some other Guinness World Records we'd like to see Pattaya Thais break:

>>>> longest French Kiss of a hummer tail pipe while the engine is idling

>>>> Longest time with head in toilet filled with month-old baby poop.

>>>> Longest number of nights sleeping on same pillow case without washings

>>>> Largest amount extorted from farang for fake jet ski damage

and here's a contest for Bangkok pseudo cops to enter:

Highest amount extorted from non-smoker for allegedly dropping cigarette butt on pavement.

and one for Puket: largest amount charged for taxi ride (Baht per centimeters).

Edited by brahmburgers