2011 Fc Phuket Season

SouthernSeaKirin

Hi Everyone,

Last weekend FC Phuket got their first season in Division One underway with a 1-1 draw away at Saphan Buri FC. The lads went 1-0 up and couls and should have won the match but a point in their first match at this level away from home is a decent result.

The Southern Sea Kirin's first home match is this Saturday, February 26 at Surakul Stadium. Kick off is at 6pm and I believe that ticket prices are the same as they were last season. You can take your own refreshments into the ground provided there are no glass bottles.

There have been a number of changes to the team for this season including a new coach and some 10 new players but there have been some promising signs in pre-season including a 1-1 draw with Premier League Champions Muang Thong United.

We need big support behind the team this season and hopefully the promise of Division 1 football and the prize of a place in the Premier League will be enough to convince more folk to head down to Surakul.

Hope to see you all there on Saturday.

FORZA FC PHUKET!

• 2 weeks later...

FC Phuket are back in action at home this weekend when the take on the fantastically named Big Bang Chulalongkorn University FC. BBCU are top of the league with 2 wins from 2.

FC Phuket are now up to 4th after the previous fixture was retrospectively awarded to the Southern Sea Kirin after it was revealed the Rajpracha FC finished the game with six foreign players on the field, one more than is allowed by the Thai FA. This is the second time in the past two seasons that a mix up has boosted FC Phuket's points tally.

The attendance at the past fixture was an improvement on last season and it was good to see some new faces at the ground and also good to see that ticket prices have remained the same.

Hope to see you all at Surakul Stadium on Sunday, March 13. Kickoff is at 6pm. It's a great way to spend a couple of hours and is great value for money. Good atmosphere to take the kids to as well.

SSK

FC Phuket 1 Rajpracha FC 1 (FT)

A decent performance from the lads, not helped by some shocking officiating. Some good performances too especially Sarach Yooyen. Two games, two draws; a solid if unspectacular start to the season.

SSK

Watched the 2nd half on t.v looked a good game

Will have to make the effort to get to the next game.

Dose any one meet up for a beer before the game ?

Watched the 2nd half on t.v looked a good game

Will have to make the effort to get to the next game.

Dose any one meet up for a beer before the game ?

Hi Pete, we used to but stopped sometime last season. I think it's something that we should reintroduce as it's always good to have a beer or two before the match.

I'll do a reccy and see if there's a bar nearby that would be suitable as a supporters base.

It's well worth popping down - for such a small ticket price you can't go wrong

Hi Pete, we used to but stopped sometime last season. I think it's something that we should reintroduce as it's always good to have a beer or two before the match.

I'll do a reccy and see if there's a bar nearby that would be suitable as a supporters base.

It's well worth popping down - for such a small ticket price you can't go wrong

Keep us posted i will be there if it's not pissing down

Sadly Sunday's match ended a disappointing 0-0 draw as FC Phuket wasn't able to take any of the several good chances that came there way in front of a record crowd at Surakul Stadium. It's great to see so many people turning out at the games and getting behind the team. Hopefully they can start turning the draws into wins and start climbing toward the top of the table.

Next game is away this Saturday v JW Rangsit and then the next home game is on Sunday, March 27. Hope to see you all there!

SSK

Do you have any information on the coaches to the away matches? Maybe one of the closer ones would be good to attend but I dont know any of the details.

I don't I'm afraid, Pete but it's something I'll look into as I too would be keen on going to an away game that wasn't too far away. I'll let you know.

Do you have any information on the coaches to the away matches? Maybe one of the closer ones would be good to attend but I dont know any of the details.

I don't I'm afraid, Pete but it's something I'll look into as I too would be keen on going to an away game that wasn't too far away. I'll let you know.

Well I have had a look thorugh the fixtures up until June and none of the matches are within driving distance anyhow. Only match that I thought might be possible is Air Force United on the 5th June but I havent got a clue where that is....

FC Phuket are back in action at Surakul this weekend - yep, that's four consecutive home games - against bottom of the table RBAC Mittraphap on Sunday, March 27.

Kick off is a 6pm again and hopefully everyone will get a bit more notice this time!

The lads are unbeaten and currently sit in 2nd place with 8 points after 4 games and should pick up another three points this weekend. Unfortunately, top of the table BBCU FC are home to JW Rangsit who we beat last weekend (and were awful) so they should maintain their 2-point lead at the top of the table but as a Jimmy Greaves once said, "It's a funny old game".

Hope to see you all there and also hope that the rain holds off.

SSK

Don't forget that FC Phuket return to action at Surakul Stadium tonight for their 5th league game of the season (4th at home already, somehow!).

Tonight they line up against RBAC Mittraphap FC who are currently bottom of the league. The Southern Sea Kirin are in second place just 2 points behind BBCU FC and have made an unbeaten start to the season.

Kick off is at 6pm once again and tickets are priced as per usual.

Come on down and support the lads; it's great fun and amazing value for money.

COME ON YOUUUUUUUU GREEEEEEEENS!

Goals either side of half time from midfielder Kornprom Jaroonpong and Ivorian striker Kone Adama were enough to help F.C. Phuket a comfortable home win against bottom of the league RBAC Mittraphap on a rain soaked Sunday night at Surakul Stadium.

Kornprom, making his first competitive start for the club, gave the home side the lead after 28 minutes when his speculative cross dropped over the head of goalkeeper Padungkiat Pongraipan and inside the far post.

Adama doubled the lead with just 15 minutes remaining, slotting the ball under the advancing Padungkiat after a mistake at the back allowed him to run in on goal.

The visitors finished the game with just 10 men following a second yellow card for dangerous play and F.C. Phuket closed out the match to move top of the league, level on points with BBCU F.C. but with a better goal difference than the Bangkok-based club.

We shall not, we shall not be moved; we shall not, we shall not be moved;

and we play like a team that'll win the football league;

we shall not be moved!!

5 games in, unbeaten and top of the league albeit with a number of away games yet to gome. Great start though! Keep following F.C. Phuket!!

• 2 weeks later...

FC Phuket slumped to their second defeat of the season over the weekend, losing 1-0 to PTT Rayong FC. That makes two defeats on the bounce for the Southern Sea Kirin who drop to 6th in league, 8 points from the top albeit with a game in hand.

The lads have chance to get their season back on track this weekend with Sunday's fixture against Chiang Mai at Surakul Stadium. The visitors sit one place above the relegation and with F.C. Phuket's home form being strong, should see the lads move back towards the top of the table.

Kick off is at 6pm as per usual; tickets are the same price.

See you there.

SSK

Before the last home game, I saw what seemed some info on coaches to away games in the little bar opposite the ground on the other side of the street. Most of the info was (obviously) written in Thai so I can't help you I'm afraid!

Well I have had a look thorugh the fixtures up until June and none of the matches are within driving distance anyhow. Only match that I thought might be possible is Air Force United on the 5th June but I havent got a clue where that is....

AFU's ground in Rangsit, on the outskirts of Bangkok.

The lads have chance to get their season back on track this weekend with Sunday's fixture against Chiang Mai at Surakul Stadium. The visitors sit one place above the relegation and with F.C. Phuket's home form being strong, should see the lads move back towards the top of the table.

See you there.

SSK

Will definitely be there. I just jope that the weather will be better than last time (vs. RBAC) when I got the mother of all drenchings.....

FC Phuket slumped to their second defeat of the season over the weekend, losing 1-0 to PTT Rayong FC. That makes two defeats on the bounce for the Southern Sea Kirin who drop to 6th in league, 8 points from the top albeit with a game in hand.

See you there.

SSK

Hi Mate,

How would I get to the stadium from Patong?

Just arrived from CM the early hours of this morning for a bit of a long weekend and to catch the game on Sunday evening. Any help with directions etc would be very much apreciated.

Thanks

Hi Mate,

How would I get to the stadium from Patong?

Just arrived from CM the early hours of this morning for a bit of a long weekend and to catch the game on Sunday evening. Any help with directions etc would be very much apreciated.

Thanks

Easy peasy... sort of.

From Patong, go over the hill towards Kathu.

When you get to the traffic light, take a right and keep following directions towards Phuket Town.

Just before you get to Phuket Town, you will go past Central Festival (on your left). Then keep going straight at the traffic light and head into Phuket Town. The Surakul ground is located approx. 200 metres on your left hand side.