Mp3 Format Music

H2oDunc

Greetings all. I have loads of music as MP3 format and want to change it to a format where I can put it on a disc and play it in the car. Just wondering which format will play in the car ? Any ideas ? I tried burning a disc with Windows with the option of burning to play in audio player but it didn't work :( Cheers in advance ;)

Do any cd's work maybe it is broke. Normally the windows make for player cd works well - kind of a catch all. Do you have a aux jack on it. Get a good mp3 player and plug it into the system or upgrade the system to something with a usb jack in it and play mp3's from that.

You can get a little gismo that plugs into your cigarette lighter and broadcasts your MP3s straight off a flash drive onto a spare FM channel. They are filthy cheap and available in most computer shops.

And many of them come with a remote control as well. Or you can plug your iPod or MP3 3.5mm audio out jack straight into them, too.

You can get a little gismo that plugs into your cigarette lighter and broadcasts your MP3s straight off a flash drive onto a spare FM channel. They are filthy cheap and available in most computer shops.

And many of them come with a remote control as well. Or you can plug your iPod or MP3 3.5mm audio out jack straight into them, too.

What is that "little gismo"? Any info..

I know I can get all sorts of extra gismos that I can plug into the cigarette lighter etc. I wanted to burn some discs to put in the car not take an extra player or buy extra equipment.I just wanted to know if anybody out there knew which format normal car audio players play ?

Evidently not.

Cheers anyway :jap:

What is that "little gismo"? Any info..

Google "FM Modulator"

I know I can get all sorts of extra gismos that I can plug into the cigarette lighter etc. I wanted to burn some discs to put in the car not take an extra player or buy extra equipment.I just wanted to know if anybody out there knew which format normal car audio players play ?

Evidently not.

Cheers anyway :jap:

You can convert them to WAV and burn them onto a CD (files will be huge in comparison as Tywais states above). Bear in mind lossy (MP3) transcode to lossless (WAV) will result in crappy sounding audio (really crappy if your MP3's are already crappy transcodes).

I did.

Which one do you recommend? (I don't have an iPod)

Hopefully, they are on sale in Panthip or similar places.

Haven't used one for a few years to be honest, so I wouldn't like to make any recommendation (don't know if they've improved but they used to be pretty rubbish, particularly in the city). I plug straight into a USB port these days.

I believe you can still find them in Pantip.

Many simple CD car players will play mp3,wma with bit rate - 128k,no more;you have to check this - bit rate of your ripps,and convert them to 128k if it is necessary.

ps. those gismos:"FM modulators" or "FM transmitters",if they take USB thumb drive or sd card - they will play only 128k mp3 or 128k wma,some only mp3 128k.,the same - about its internal memory.

Old Sony players - had proprietory format.It is possible,that your car player plays only straight CDs?It is easy to figure it out.