Lemeridien Guests From Usa

mellofello

We had the pleasure of hearing from USA friends that they would visit us 2 weeks ago. Our home being too small to accommodate they asked me to find the best place in CR expressing their need of not wanting to have any surprises. I booked them a nice room at LeMeridien for 5 days. What a great place to have in our little town. My friends were treated so well they were all over themselves with praise for the 5 star luxury mixed with hill tribe visit- elephant ride- river trip as well as an all day Maisai border trip. We all enjoyed the Sunday brunch at LeMeridien ... what a nice spread that is and very affordable when you consider the 5 star quality and choices. The manager Justin Malcolm,an Aussie was very helpful in every aspect during their stay. I am proud that we have the new Central Plaza mall and all of its stores opening in a week or so plus a place like LeMeridien to refer guests to as well with the best brunch in town and definably the best rooms and grounds. The suite was a deal in my opinion with all the amenities from the grounds,infinity pools to the service. Anyone else have good experiences there?

Many here would argue that you are better off in a 500 baht hotel but I am in total agreement with you. LeMeridien is a much needed addition to Chiang Rai. It caters to a clientele that might not otherwise wish to visit and stay in Chiang Rai.

The wife and I are definitely fans of the Sunday Brunch. :)

Many here would argue that you are better off in a 500 baht hotel but I am in total agreement with you. LeMeridien is a much needed addition to Chiang Rai. It caters to a clientele that might not otherwise wish to visit and stay in Chiang Rai.

The wife and I are definitely fans of the Sunday Brunch. :)

VF- would enjoy meeting you for brunch there on day.

Edited by mellofello

Glad I took time to read, thank you mellofello. I do like to eat and now have added LeMeridien to the list. I do live 30 clicks out of CR on purpose, same as back home, live outside cities but do like having access to them. The new Mall will be a nice addition.

So nice to finally have the options as Mello has said. Not bad for about 4,000 a night (less than most hotels in major cities around the world). A nice room in Hawaii will cost you double or tripple that a night.

Sometimes people are only looking for a bed with decent amenaties for the night, but other times looking for an experience.

Anyone tried the "Red Rose" as an experience B)

Reminds me of an asian style Madonna Inn theme rooms near the coast in Northern Calif. :D

"Star Wars" with jaquzzi is quite an experience on cold nights.

So nice to finally have the options as Mello has said. Not bad for about 4,000 a night (less than most hotels in major cities around the world). A nice room in Hawaii will cost you double or tripple that a night.

Sometimes people are only looking for a bed with decent amenaties for the night, but other times looking for an experience.

Anyone tried the "Red Rose" as an experience B)

Reminds me of an asian style Madonna Inn theme rooms near the coast in Northern Calif. :D

"Star Wars" with jaquzzi is quite an experience on cold nights.

Hey TacoBoy - So you have also stayed at the Madonna Inn...What a different off the wall place. I stayed in the Captain Nemo room with mermaids and conch shell bed stands. What a memory that place has and a porthole above the bed to stargaze!. The truly great places we visit do stay with us. It was nice to smile again about the Madonna Inn. The drive before or after through Big Sur and Hwy 1 is another thing that will forever have a place in my heart. Great places like great times live on forever. Looking forward to meeting you sometime to share stories.

For CR, the food and buffets at the Le Merician are top notch. The Hotel and Rooms are fabulous and a nice alternative for Chiang Rai.

The Legend also does a pretty good buffet, but think they are only on certain evenings.

And who could ever forget Anderson's Split Pea Soup :licklips: Fresh Bread and butter and Milk Shake daily special.

The guy at the Old Dutch restaurant says he has Split Pea Soup. Have not tried it yet, but on my list.

First went to Madonna Inn as a kid on a trip with my family.

As an adult, stayed in the Jungle Jim Tarzan room. The Big Sur Drive is incredible.

Some day I might even try the Boxing Room at the Red Rose. But will have to experience that room with Ms Taco :thumbsup:

Edited by TacoBoy

Glad I took time to read, thank you mellofello. I do like to eat and now have added LeMeridien to the list. I do live 30 clicks out of CR on purpose, same as back home, live outside cities but do like having access to them. The new Mall will be a nice addition.

Hi Rmacdon61 - Like you we live a bit outside of town, not too far so as to make it a decision to go in or not but far enough out that we feel the countryside. You will enjoy LeMeridien when you visit and remember to get a LeMeridien member card so they can send you promotions and give you a bit of a break on the services they offer. We like to park underneath the building and walk the extensive grounds after dining. The infinity pools huge old trees and landscaping right on the river offer a delightful stretch of the legs after a nice meal. Justin Malcolm the manager mentioned they would like to keep the brunch open year round if they could get enough locals coming in during the off season. I hope this thread helps in that regard as my wife's birthday is in June as are a couple other special days that deserve the best brunch in town to be open year round. Hope to meet you at the Pot Luck next Sunday as that is another must do in the Rai.

Edited by mellofello

OK~ i'm quite the hill billy type of guy :lol: ...where is it ? 'cos my appetite is turning when it comes to food, i need to try the Sunday brunch.

Hi RedBullHorn - Here is a link to Sven's map that lists many locations and places all over CR. LeMeridien is located on this map just scroll down the list on the left of the page and hit their location link next to the river. It is listed on this map as Hotel Meridien. Easy to find only a couple clicks off the main highway so no long instructions needed..Call ahead to get their hours of operation 053 603333 . Enjoy

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&i...b6884458b352d35

Edited by mellofello

how much is the meridian weekend brunch? sounds good...

Hi Chivo,Just saw your question about the cost of Sunday brunch at LeMeridien and called them because I did not know (remember).All I could think of was their bottomless cup of really great cofffee which by the way is almost worth the cost of the whole brunch if you drink as much coffee as I do. I was told that the cost is 499++Tb. Give them a call if you need to know anything else specific 053 60333. We like to get there before noon then take our time as the 5 star ambiance plus the excellent food goes well with a couple hours. Walk the riverfront grounds and soak in the place as it is a well spent way to start a Sunday.