Refractory Brick....

extexthai

Does anyone know where I might procure refractory brick locally? I would imagine it would be plentiful in Lampang with all the ceramic firing places there. However, I live in Phayao and would rather drive to CR instead of LP. I have found that I have to reinvent things here in LOS due to the unavailabiltiy of things plentiful in previous lifetimes. I will be making hominy with the next corn harvest....I miss grits! I will have to bake my own bread, as there are no bakeries here, locally....same for real pizza. Any input would be greatly appreciated....thanks in advance. ett

Welcome to the traditional rural life of self-sufficiency. City folk have neither the time nor the inclination to do anything for themselves. Here we have both the time and the luxury of indulging ourselves. If you want something done a particular way, then do it yourself, as they say. :)

Check with Home Mart in CR, if you can wait a bit for it to be ordered. They may stock it but I doubt that. They will usually order in what you ask if they have a supplier. Refractory brick should have a decent demand in this country, so, I think they will be able to get it. Two weeks seems the standard waiting time for things we have ordered from the CR store.

Hi, there's a small brick factory on the northbound side of the highway to Mae Sai. From memory it's about 3 - 4 km outside town from the Mengrai Monument. On corner with Gas Stn on other corner.

I bought fire bricks there 8 years ago for about 15 baht each. Used them for my bar b que and pizza oven. He also sells the fireclay for laying them properly

AjarnP

Thanks all....I appreciate all the info. I will check out all the leads next time I am in CR. I don't need them right away, but in my experiences, it pays to line things up, way ahead of time....especially here. Again thanks a lot. ett

I live here in Lampang and it is most definitely the best place to get it. There are 2 shops in particular that supply the ceramic industry and they both have a good selection of fire bricks and cordierite tiles in varying sizes and thickness. They also sell refractory cement which you will need as well. I use the cordierite tiles in my large gas oven as a floor for baking pizza and bread and they work great!

I live here in Lampang and it is most definitely the best place to get it. There are 2 shops in particular that supply the ceramic industry and they both have a good selection of fire bricks and cordierite tiles in varying sizes and thickness. They also sell refractory cement which you will need as well. I use the cordierite tiles in my large gas oven as a floor for baking pizza and bread and they work great!

Thanks Kdefay.....I appreciate the info. I thought Lampang being the ceramics firing capitol of Thailand, it had to have a supplier near by. Are the places easy to find? I have a pretty good map of LP, but would need to know intersections. Again, thank you so much....ett

Does anyone know of a place to buy a bag or two of refractory cement in the Bangkok or even better Pathum Thani area? Last time I checked it seems like all the suppliers were way far away. Would a HomePro have that? Thanks in advance for any help.

Does anyone know of a place to buy a bag or two of refractory cement in the Bangkok or even better Pathum Thani area? Last time I checked it seems like all the suppliers were way far away. Would a HomePro have that? Thanks in advance for any help.

That may be a tough answer in the Chiang Rai forum. Maybe try the BKK forum?

That may be a tough answer in the Chiang Rai forum. Maybe try the BKK forum?

Oops, sorry! Came here through a search. Say, would be interested in bringing a bag down with you next time you visit? :)