Any Good Restaurants In The Thalang/Pa Khlok Area?

flip

Gitanos one of the best places to eat on the island , at the monument head towards the marina about 2km rhs ... thai and farang ... nice owners as well

yeah gitanos plus the place near the gibbon center/waterfall i know already..

gitanos i like very much but the portions are very small! (lot of my friends told me the same actually!)

If your interest is Thai/Farang restaurants serving overpriced Thai food...i cannot help you as i do not frequent these type of places.

I also live near the Heroines monument and can recommend several good value restaurants for takeaway or sit down.

Noodle shop: About 1km north of the Heroines on the left, opposite what used to be an ATV dealership. Bamee noodles with pork and dumplings, 30thb. Their vegetarian spring rolls are absolutely delicious, spicy, 20thb.

Carry on further north about 4km, past the school, you will see a green Muslim temple. Immediately next door, before the temple, Kow Man Gai. 35thb.

Head towards Cherng Talay, about 400m before the traffic lights, about 50m before the car wash, small restaurant on the right called carrot. Food here is excellent with most dishes priced around 40thb. My favorite here is fried yellow noodles with chicken, 35thb. Popular with local farang.

50m further on, opposite the car wash, is a restaurant called 25. The food here is excellent and i used to use this place at least once a week for about 1 year. Then one day noted that a Thai sitting at the next table had 3 dishes in front of him, his bill came to 120thb. My green curry was 80thb. I checked the menu's and found that there are 2 menu's, one for Thai's one for farang. The farang menu is double that of the Thai. I have never been back since, but if you don't mind being overpriced...still cheap compared to any restaurant catering to farang...then go for it. The food is very good. Many local farang eat there.

If your interest is Thai/Farang restaurants serving overpriced Thai food...i cannot help you as i do not frequent these type of places.

I also live near the Heroines monument and can recommend several good value restaurants for takeaway or sit down.

Noodle shop: About 1km north of the Heroines on the left, opposite what used to be an ATV dealership. Bamee noodles with pork and dumplings, 30thb. Their vegetarian spring rolls are absolutely delicious, spicy, 20thb.

Carry on further north about 4km, past the school, you will see a green Muslim temple. Immediately next door, before the temple, Kow Man Gai. 35thb.

Head towards Cherng Talay, about 400m before the traffic lights, about 50m before the car wash, small restaurant on the right called carrot. Food here is excellent with most dishes priced around 40thb. My favorite here is fried yellow noodles with chicken, 35thb. Popular with local farang.

50m further on, opposite the car wash, is a restaurant called 25. The food here is excellent and i used to use this place at least once a week for about 1 year. Then one day noted that a Thai sitting at the next table had 3 dishes in front of him, his bill came to 120thb. My green curry was 80thb. I checked the menu's and found that there are 2 menu's, one for Thai's one for farang. The farang menu is double that of the Thai. I have never been back since, but if you don't mind being overpriced...still cheap compared to any restaurant catering to farang...then go for it. The food is very good. Many local farang eat there.

Although I agree that some of the best food on the island, is to be had in very cheap Thai style resteraunts, it is silly to assume that all resteraunts catering to Farang are over priced.

There is a lot more to eating out than just the food and the price in my opinion. Some times the view or the decor is well worth paying the extra for.

I will second (or was it third) that Gitanos is a nice place with nice owners, I used to live a few doors up from them, they are good people. If you have kids they have a handy play room as well.

If you don't mind driving for 5 minutes, you have the nice place in the Ceramic shop on the way to Cherng Telay, and of course you have a few nice places in the marina a few clicks to the south.

Gitano - hard to beat. With its questionable location, who would ever have thought it would have succeeded? Gotta be one of the best restaurants on the island.

And... we potentially have another one in the area:

Chu, who were open for a few months in a very bad location down south (near the 7Eleven on the corner of Sai Yuan), have opened a new restaurant called PESTO. It's on the Laguna side of The Black Cat and Sunset, just a few doors down.

Same family as Chu, so food should be the same i.e. absolutely wonderful. And, judging by last night's first visit, it was. (I hope they do something about the decor, though!)

Thai and European food.

Goodpost...I'm gonna check these places out, bar the 2 menued restaurant. Not often recommendations of Thai restaurants are posted.

Then again its always possible to ask for the thai menu and then just order something in thai...then you pay the Thai price.