Renew Bike Tax

eek

My bike tax expires at the end of this month.

Its my first time renewing and wondered what the easiest option is.

I live in the Nimmenheimen area. Any idea if there a place around there (agent of some kind) that can sort it out for me?

Of course dont mind driving out to wherever is recommended.

Many thanks. :)

I just take it back to where I bought it(niyom panich) a month before expiry along with green book and they do it for me, it usually takes a few days and they charge me 50thb extra for doing it on top of the usual tax fee. Ive been told I can do this until the bike is 5 years old, then I have to take it to be tested every year to get the tax.

Edited by thaimiller

Taking it back to dealer is one option.

To do it yourself is easy as well:

- Go to the car registration department on Hang Dong road, just opposite to the airport runway. Next to the entry is a nice lady that will assign you to one of the windows. From there it takes just a few minutes until all is completed. No hustle at all. No Thai language skills required.

- Go to the post office at the airport plaza shopping center. There is a counter that does car & bike registrations. The procedure is the same.

Hope this helps a little.

Edited by Orita

To pay the tax, you must have valid insurance. If you go to the drive thru tax mentioned above, the mechanic just south (who also does the check after 5 years) also sells insurance, without the queuing time they have at the main centre. Get the insurance and go to the drive thru next door for the tax. 15 minutes max.

Edited by naboo

The "easiest" option for you is to go to the shop on Nimmanhaemin Soi 15 that handles this for a small fee. It's on he left hand side of Soi 15 as you head away from Nimman and has a big sign with their logo that some people think looks like a giant gear. They can take care of the insurance, registration and tax. Drop off the greenbook, pay the fees, and pick everything up the next day. It took me about 10 minutes.

Woof!