Marriage Visa

A German friend recently went to Udon Immi office, they told him he must have at least 100k bht in bank for 2 months before appliny for a visa, he wants to use his pension of 51k a month to make the visa, rather than the 400k in the bank option, he knows he needs a certified letter from his embassy, no problem, i can advise him on the retirement visa, but not the marriage/income visa, help welcomed,

Thanks, Lickey.

It has to be 400,000 Baht in the bank OR 40,000 Baht a month.

The bank balance should not be needed.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from his Embassy verifying income.

Possibly an updated bank book.

Marriage Cert.

Kor Ror 2 (marriage register entry) Usually required but not always.

Wife's ID Card and Tabbien Baan.

Photos of him and his Wife in and outside the house.

A map showing the way to his house.

His passport.

Passport size photos.

TM7 application form.

2 copies of everything.

Take his Wife to be interviewed and sign a statement.

He will get a 30 day under consideration stamp. Go back in a month and get the rest.

When I applied for an extension of stay based on marriage and 400,000thb in the bank, I was told by the immigration officer that the money in my bank account could not have come from the sale of a condo (as it did), because : 'a foreigner cannot sell a condo unless he has a work permit', which I did not have, but the land office permitted the transfer apparently in breach of Thai law according to the immigration department.

I post this as background information indicative of the bizarre state of the Thai legal system that you will have to deal with.

Howdy Lite Beer.

Two questions: (1) When going back in 30d to "get the rest" are there any additional requirements or documents, besides just showing up?

(2) Is it true that the Royal Police have issued an additional requirement of a criminal record document? Maybe that would be another of those notarized declaration forms.

Will

Marriage Cert.

His passport.

Passport size photos.

TM7 application form.

2 copies of everything.

He will get a 30 day under consideration stamp. Go back in a month and get the rest.

A third question (3) Presuming theTM7 form is to be completed for this first meeting, does one ask for 30 days knowing it is a 30-day stamp one will receive; or ask for 60, or 90?

Howdy Lite Beer.

Two questions: (1) When going back in 30d to "get the rest" are there any additional requirements or documents, besides just showing up?

(2) Is it true that the Royal Police have issued an additional requirement of a criminal record document? Maybe that would be another of those notarized declaration forms.

Will

Marriage Cert.

His passport.

Passport size photos.

TM7 application form.

2 copies of everything.