Yellow Book

I have heard much about the so called "yellow book" , could one of the members fluent in thai please give me the thai description of this. I am trying to explain it to my wife, so if you could give me the thai name of this it would be much appreciated.

regards

It's commonly refer to as Tabian Baan book, or สำเนาทะเบียนบ้าน

ท.ร.14 is the (blue coloured) house registration book for Citizens and Permanent Residents, while ท.ร.13 is the yellow house registration book for people who reside in Thailand unlawfully or on a temporary basis. ie. people on non-immigrant visas.

It likely Thai's have not heard of the latter, but will know the former.

Edited by Time Traveller

ท.ร.14 is the (blue coloured) house registration book for Citizens and Permanent Residents, while ท.ร.13 is the yellow house registration book for people who reside in Thailand unlawfully or on a temporary basis. ie. people on non-immigrant visas.

I think you might mean 'lawfully'? I don't think you can get your name on the yellow house registration without having a valid visa.

Samran, how your Thai reading?? See attached, the bottom line on my Yellow Tambien Bn

Mac

post-32650-0-17248700-1302046983_thumb.j

good spot Mac. Meaculpa on my part is warranted.

wonder how it work then to get on the tabieen baan if you are illegal then?

edit - just had a look through some Thai websites, and it definitely referred to those who had entered the country ไม่ชอบดวยกฎหมาย.

Edited by samran

good spot Mac. Meaculpa on my part is warranted.

wonder how it work then to get on the tabieen baan if you are illegal then?

edit - just had a look through some Thai websites, and it definitely referred to those who had entered the country ไม่ชอบดวยกฎหมาย.

Samran

Yeah, and reading it makes me wonder how I'm eligible for one since I'm here legally. Oops, I fall under the second phrase, "sua khao," or "short-timer." 20++++ years is short in geologic terms.

Mac

I guess the only "unlawful" residents or people without non-immigrant visas that would be allowed to be registered on House registration are stateless or non-thai mountain ethnic groups who have been living in Thailand for most if not all of their lives and who have not yet acquired citizenship. I've read where some such persons have been registered in yellow books before, so assume they are the only people it would apply for.