Health Insurance For Newborn

msac303

We just have a baby (3 days) and am looking for health insurance for the baby. I looked into Bupa healthcare but seems they need at least one parent to be in Bupa also for the baby to get health insurance.

Can anyone recommend a solid health insurance?

Have anyone used the Thaivisa Health Insurance service?

Thanks .

If having at least one parent is a must, I'd like to buy health insurance for my wife as well.

Anyone can recommend any other insurance company other than Bupa?

What is your experience with Bupa, I'm looking at Platinum Plan with OPD coverage.

Thanks,

First point, Thai Visa Brokers can insure just a 'baby' but in the majority of cases the parents simply add the new born to their own policies.

There are several very good Thai based medical insurance providers. They are similar in many respects but there are a few differences and, depending on ones requirements, determines which provider one uses.

As you are both Thai Visa members you can use the full Brokerage services of Thai Visa Brokers for the best advice in determining which provider you use. Please go HERE for on-line details and quotes.

First point, Thai Visa Brokers can insure just a 'baby' but in the majority of cases the parents simply add the new born to their own policies.

would be interesting to know, for the benefit of the general public, if you could tell us the name of the insurance co's which will insure a baby without needing a parent.

would be interesting to know, for the benefit of the general public, if you could tell us the name of the insurance co's which will insure a baby without needing a parent.

Actually, there are now 2 Thai based health insurance companies that will insure a child without insuring either parent. And, there is another local option also. Name them? Sorry. Check with your broker.

Edited by tonydabbs

Actually, there are now 2 Thai based health insurance companies that will insure a child without insuring either parent. And, there is another local option also. Name them? Sorry. Check with your broker.

and that....is the reason why I avoid brokers. They'd make the world a closed shop if they had the chance....