Nintendo Wii

tigerbeer

I bought a Wii from a shop here in Chiang Mai and the salesperson there specifically not to connect to the internet? I however see lots of people doing lots of things on the internet with their Wii machines. The salesperson said that the games might stop working if you connect to the internet. Probably cause there was some games given to me on discs. The machine has Uloader which I use to play some discs. So would my machine really stop working if I hook it up to an ethernet cable? I would really like to use it to watch Youtube etc.

It sounds to me like you got some pirated discs and a hacked machine, and if you connect it to the internet, then it will be reset or notify Nintendo and your discs and uloader might be disabled. I had a Wii, and I had it on the net, it was awesome!!! There is a huge community of people playing Wii games on the net!

You should read through Wiihacks forum, and perhaps others. This topic comes up pretty often.

I read through a few threads (after Googling softmod wii connect to internet) and it seems like you need to add priiloader...although I suspect it may already be on your system as most local softmods add it.

Priiloader Hacks for your Wii:

Disable 4.2E disc region checks

Disable HAXX,DVDX,RZDx Checks

Block Disc Updates

Block Online Updates

Remove NoCopy Save File Protection

Move Disc Channel

No System Menu Background Music

No System Menu Sounds at all

No System Menu Sounds (Channel BGM)

Recovery Mode (D-Pad Up 4th GC)

Force Standard Recovery Mode

Remove Diagnostic Disc Check

Auto-Press A at Health Screen

Replace Health Screen with Backmenu

Force Disc Games to run under IOS249

Region Free GC Games (No VM Patch)

Region Free Channels

Lock System Menu with Black Screen

You can disable updates in setting menu, im sure if u google it u will find more info, but wiihack is great website as suggested.. especially as you will have to update stuff manually (wads) to get new games to work...

Cheers