Certified Vets Pattaya

GeorgiePattata

Hi,

Im trying to find out about getting my 7month old Chihuahua pup back to the UK, after reading the defra website extensively I think I will be able to get around the 6 month quarrantine rule if I have all his jabs and blood tests and microchip done by a certified/registered vet over here. Now I just need to find one! Does anybody know of a very official vetenairian preferably in Pattaya but even in Bangkok. I really dont think my poor little pamperd boy would hack 6 months in UK quarrantine So its very important that I have all of his paper work and certificates 100% official.

Thanks!!

my friend uses Nermplab Wan hospital, he sends dogs regularly to Germany they know the procedure on blood tests, vaccines ,chipping, and paper work etc. have to get right sized crate etc. whilst i am not impressed as vets they know the procedure very well. the blood results have to go to Germany before clearance. air berlin being the cheapest by a long way. so they may be a good place to start.

Thanks Everyone, I read the Mail article and I think the costs were so high as the dog was a stray and had to have heartworm treatment whilst in quarrantine in the UK, Hopefully I will be able to get around the 6month rule with all the correct documents.

I will visit the government vet and also Nermplab Wan and see what adivice they both have for me.

Thanks again!

Thanks Everyone, I read the Mail article and I think the costs were so high as the dog was a stray and had to have heartworm treatment whilst in quarrantine in the UK, Hopefully I will be able to get around the 6month rule with all the correct documents.

I will visit the government vet and also Nermplab Wan and see what adivice they both have for me.

Thanks again!

when you go to nermplabwan make sure you see the owner, the kids (students) in there no nothing, if you say mali sent you tends to get things done, there average vet bill there is 30k per month. goverment vet has a young lady in there who is helpfull but does not know a lot, the govement vet has a surgery in the soi next to banglamung police station. the bloods have to go to BKK. England is deffinatly stickter, air berlin £160 in the hold which is great., somebody on board to accompany them. UK as usual is a rip off, but vet at Nermplabwan knows the system well. my landlord sends about 12 dogs a year to germany.

There is a government veterinarian next to the fire station on 3rd road. I'd expect he either would be authorized to do this or know where to go.

If its basic stuff ok,but i had my cat sterilised and they nearly killed her.They couldnt even stitch the wound up and one could see right into the stomach,she got an infection and we took her to one on 3rd road,they had to operate again to save her life.

From Pattaya klang,turn right into 3rd road and its about 5 mins walk next to a noodle shop on the left.Just had the government one at my house giving the three cats a flu injection 800 baht for the 3.They are good at this basic stuff but nothing else.

GeorgiePattata Please read the DEFRA website again...

http://www.defra.gov...ts/travel/pets/

The Pet Travel Scheme (PETS) is the system that allows pet dogs, cats and ferrets from certain countries to enter the UK without quarantine as long as they meet the rules.

http://www.defra.gov...pets/countries/

Dogs, cats and ferrets may only enter the UK under PETS from EU and certain non-EU countries. They must not have been to any unlisted countries in the 6 calendar months before entering or re-entering the UK. Entry of a PETS compliant pet into an unlisted country would result in immediate loss of compliance and the pet must be fully re-prepared to UK requirements before entry. This would mean that a new rabies vaccination, followed by a blood test and waiting period of six months must be carried out, whilst resident in a listed country.

Thailand is not a "Listed Country".

A pet entering the UK from an unlisted country, whether directly or via a non-EU country, must be licensed into quarantine for six months on arrival. This must be arranged before the animal travels.

The only way round the rules would be to move or send the dog to to a "Listed Country" for six months and have the prescribed treatments and test done there prior to shipping to the UK following the the following conditions:

http://www.defra.gov...el/pets/routes/

Only certain transport companies and routes can be used to bring dogs, cats and ferrets into the UK. You may use any of the routes and transport companies on the following lists to bring your dog, cat or ferret into the UK under the Scheme, subject to the transport company's agreement. All companies have been approved by Defra to carry dogs, cats and ferrets but not all may wish to carry ferrets. There may also be a limit to the total number of animals that a company will permit to travel on each boat or aircraft. Check with the company before booking your tickets that they are prepared to carry your pet. You may not bring a pet into the UK from a private boat or plane.

post-20091-0-76428200-1303581051_thumb.j

Rabies kills more than 50,000 people every year, we do not have it in the UK and we do not want it.

It will only take one selfish act.... http://www.tellyads....filename=VA0558

• 2 weeks later...

No legal way to get your pup into the UK other than via the 6 mos quarantine in the UK or board the pups in a qualified country for 6 mos. The UK quarantine conditions are NOT something I'd put my dog into but have heard positives about lodging facilities specifically for this purpose in France -- costs are about the same. Anyone who tels you different is lying...watch out!

International Animal Rescue (Goa) used to send many a dog into Holland then onto the UK,not saying they bent the rules,but knew where to look. The rabies jab is so cheap,used to inject loads of street dogs with it.