Where To Get Certified Teaching English

eutin45

A TEFL certificate does not certify you for teaching English in Thailand. The MoE does not consider a TEFL to be of any value in their own certification by way of a teachers' licence. The only ways to get certified are to qualify in your home country or to pass the MoE exams for a teachers' licence.

I know of people who have failed to get a licence even with MEd and culture course completion.

My advice is to find a course that will improve you as a teacher. At least a minth'

Ah! Never post on Thaivisa using a phone.

To finish... at least a month's training is essential before you consider stepping in front of a class, for your students' sake.

A TEFL certificate does not certify you for teaching English in Thailand. The MoE does not consider a TEFL to be of any value in their own certification by way of a teachers' licence. The only ways to get certified are to qualify in your home country or to pass the MoE exams for a teachers' licence.

I know of people who have failed to get a licence even with MEd and culture course completion.

My advice is to find a course that will improve you as a teacher. At least a minth'

Have the regulations changed on this? Several years ago I got a teacher's license with a bachelor's degree from the US and a TEFL certificate from a course I did here in Thailand.