Prospective Marriage Visa Oz

My Fiance is submitting her Prospective Marriage application on Monday. I sent over a 2.2kg file of documents and photos already set out in the file as well as completed as much of 47sp and all of my support application for her as I could. She has spent the last week running around Bangkok getting her medical, police clearance and translating all her documents to english.

Anyway my question is, after the interview is an answer given imediately or is there a further waiting period?

Also where does the word "farang" come from? I hate when she calls me a farang.

You will always be a falang

I know Thai gals that are aussie citizens

They still call us falang

loose interpretation foreigner

My Fiance is submitting her Prospective Marriage application on Monday. I sent over a 2.2kg file of documents and photos already set out in the file as well as completed as much of  47sp and all of my support application for her as I could. She has spent the last week running around Bangkok getting her medical, police clearance and translating all her documents to english.

Anyway my question is, after the interview is an answer given imediately or is there a further waiting period?

Ive heard a word before that sounds familiar "Falandra". Idont know if thats how you spell it or what language it comes from but apparently it means "someone who likes to sleep around"

Ive heard a word before that sounds familiar "Falandra". Idont know if thats how you spell it or what language it comes from but apparently it means "someone who likes to sleep around"

Philanderer ( and that is exactly what it does mean ... it is English language )

The important question answered first: "Farang" I believe was the word used by Lao people for their colonial rulers - France or farangset in Thai.

Second answer: after submitting all your papers - providing you submitted everything they want - you can expect a wait of up to six weeks before you have a reply (normally by telephone).

Edited by brubo1

The important question answered first: "Farang" I believe was the word used by Lao people for their colonial rulers - France or farangset in Thai.

Second answer: after submitting all your papers - providing you submitted everything they want - you can expect a wait of up to six weeks before you have a reply (normally by telephone).

My Thai g/f has been living with me permanently in Australia for the past two years. She still refers to Australians as 'farangs.'

I keep reminding her that whilst in Australian,SHE is the farang.

With regard to the 'how long' question, it would be miraculous if the Immigration Office didn't find a reason to ask for additional information.

They actually rang me in Sydney from Bangkok, inviting me to submit further "evidence" to support the application. I did, and the permanent visa was granted.

I think this is the norm for paper shuffling public servents. It makes them feel important.

My Fiance is submitting her Prospective Marriage application on Monday. I sent over a 2.2kg file of documents and photos already set out in the file as well as completed as much of  47sp and all of my support application for her as I could. She has spent the last week running around Bangkok getting her medical, police clearance and translating all her documents to english.

In our experience we submitted our documents in November were granted an interview in March and told what other things to bring to the interview.

We were also told it could take up to 9 months to process the application after that anyway we got a bit of help from a sympathetic Polly and the visa was granted within days of the interview in march.

I believe things have changed a lot since then though.

good luck

I read that 7 days after submitting the application a letter will be sent giving a date for the interview wich is generally within a 4-6 week period. Is this not the case??? I also read on the Australian Visa Application Centre (Bangkok) web site that a decision is generally given within a 3 months period as long as the applicant has submitted a complete application.