Think You Had A Bad Day?

Something like this happened to someone I knew back in my early army days. We were 'de-bussing' from our transport, (out the back of a 4 tonner) in fighting order + weapons. Well troops dismounting have to jump off, (it's about a 5 foot drop) guys jumping off are meant to hold their weapons horizontal to the ground…..Why, well to stop the following happening……………………..

Picture the scene; guys jumping of the back of the transport, 5 foot droop, 35 pound equipment and weapon. In the middle of all this a guy jumps off the back and holding his rifle vertical, (straight-up) theguy lands, his rifle's butt, (the bit that go's in the shoulder when firing) makes contact with the deck, the next guy goes out and arrives (We'll call him the 'human lolly pop') …'Starfish' firston top of the 'flash-hider', (top end, the bit where the bullet comes out) he then proceeded to travel down the barrel, all the way to the fore-sight…….That'sjust over a foot of cold steel enema! Do you know the SLR? Ouch!!!!!!!!!!! The guy was rushed to A and E, with the gat hanging out his lower half. He was lucky, he made a full recovery, the weapon, (I remember the butt number, '299') it was given a nickname….'the kidney tickler!

Edited by Tonto21

Something like this happened to someone I knew back in my early army days. We were 'de-bussing' from our transport, (out the back of a 4 tonner) in fighting order + weapons. Well troops dismounting have to jump off, (it's about a 5 foot drop) guys jumping off are meant to hold their weapons horizontal to the ground…..Why, well to stop the following happening……………………..

Picture the scene; guys jumping of the back of the transport, 5 foot droop, 35 pound equipment and weapon. In the middle of all this a guy jumps off the back and holding his rifle vertical, (straight-up) theguy lands, his rifle's butt, (the bit that go's in the shoulder when firing) makes contact with the deck, the next guy goes out and arrives (We'll call him the 'human lolly pop') …'Starfish' firston top of the 'flash-hider', (top end, the bit where the bullet comes out) he then proceeded to travel down the barrel, all the way to the fore-sight…….That'sjust over a foot of cold steel enema! Do you know the SLR? Ouch!!!!!!!!!!! The guy was rushed to A and E, with the gat hanging out his lower half. He was lucky, he made a full recovery, the weapon, (I remember the butt number, '299') it was given a nickname….'the kidney tickler!

Gives a new meaning to the word sh_t stabber.:whistling:

Funny story.

And I bet it always smelled bad after it was fired.....