Avoid Paris

mightyzim

Hi

Sorry if this is my first post but just a warning to Thais traveling to France alone.

My sister in law (well traveled person to Europe and the States) has been mugged twice and finally been beaten up in the space of a week.

Either she's been incredibly unlucky or there's some bad karma in Paris at the moment, best avoid.

It all depends where you go, in central Paris it is quite safe to walk around alone even on night time.

But I would strongly discourage travelling alone in the suburbs outside of Paris, especially in the northern areas called Saint-Denis.

It goes for anywhere you travel, certainly alone, always keep an eye on the environment and the people.

If it starts getting uncomfortable, turn around.

It all depends where you go, in central Paris it is quite safe to walk around alone even on night time.

But I would strongly discourage travelling alone in the suburbs outside of Paris, especially in the northern areas called Saint-Denis.

It goes for anywhere you travel, certainly alone, always keep an eye on the environment and the people.

If it starts getting uncomfortable, turn around.

Very good advice.

Some parts of Paris were bad even when I lived and worked there during the late 1960s.

In those days the dodgy area was what they used to call the Latin Quarter. It had a large Yugoslav and Algerian community.

As timestamp says; just avoid certain areas of the city. I was there only 7 months ago and had no problems.

Certainly makes me appreciate the calmness of Chiang Mai, even if it does become boring sometimes.

A lot of big Western cities have areas you don't want to be in at night, nothing unique to Paris. Maybe some people aren't aware of this when going. Most Asians I know seem to be overly afraid of the danger though, think everything is like some LA gangster movie set in the hood.

Oh mightyzim…….back of the Q, there has to be at least a dozen good reasons ahead of yours not to go to France……Don't you think?

There is.

Nothing wrong with France, it`s only the French that spoil it for me.

Yes I agree with you , its agood job i was not born there , i cannot speak French :rolleyes:

Oh mightyzim…….back of the Q, there has to be at least a dozen good reasons ahead of yours not to go to France……Don't you think?

There is.

Yes I agree with you , its agood job i was not born there , i cannot speak French :rolleyes:

Why not? it's the Worlds number 1 Language,isn't it? :whistling:

Edited by MAJIC

There is.

Why not? it's the Worlds number 1 Language,isn't it? :whistling:

So French people think , France the center of the Universe :o