No Amnesty For Mr. Thaksin Has Been Discussed Say Chatthai Pattana

Lite Beer

Chatthai Pattana: no amnesty for Mr. Thaksin has been brought up

BANGKOK, 12 June 2011 (NNT)-Chief adviser of Chat Thai Pattana Party,Major General Sanan Kajornprasart, has denied having a discussion regarding the amnesty to be granted to Police Lieutenant General Thaksin Shinawat, adding that more important issues now are the election and the new government.

Major General Sanan added that the amnesty issue should be discussed once the new government had been formed. He declined to comment on whether the Chatthai Pattana Party would accept the amnesty deal for Mr. Thaksin in an exchange for a place in the coalition should Pheu Thai emerge as the new government.

He explained that such a matter would be debated among his Party’s executives and that he, alone, should not speak for his Party regarding this issue. However, he expressed his belief that there was a possibility that Mr. Thaksin would be granted the amnesty, although it would be over a period of time given that Thai people consented to the move

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2022-06-12 footer_n.gif

I would have thought that this being a major policy of PTP that it should be discussed before the election. How do people make an informed decision otherwise?

Get real, man. By not discussing amnesty now, we can push it through after the elections and tell all that by voting for us they voted for an amnesty. The majority of the people (or at least that part who voted for us) have spoken <_<

I would have thought that this being a major policy of PTP that it should be discussed before the election. How do people make an informed decision otherwise?

Get real, man. By not discussing amnesty now, we can push it through after the elections and tell all that by voting for us they voted for an amnesty. The majority of the people (or at least that part who voted for us) have spoken <_<

Very simple answer.

They don't want people making informed decisions.

That's the LAST thing they want.

Edited by animatic

Why do people still referr to convicted criminals like Thaksin Shinawat

with titles like Police Lieutenant General Thaksin Shinawat?

I thought if convicted of a criminal offence he would be stripped of his Government Titles?

If not from his conviction surely he would loose his Title of Police Lieutenant General when he became a citizen of Montenegro?

or is this all TIT and Money talks Bullshit wallks?

Edited by dutchweller

Why do people still referr to convicted criminals like Thaksin Shinawat

with titles like Police Lieutenant General Thaksin Shinawat?

I thought if convicted of a criminal offence he would be stripped of his Government Titles?

If not from his conviction surely he would loose his Title of Police Lieutenant General when he became a citizen of Montenegro?

or is this all TIT and Money talks Bullshit wallks?

I thought it was Dr.Thaksin as he has been bestowed an honorary doctorate.

This lets him split votes off from both the Dems and PTP --- Taking a firm stance now would have pro-Thaksin people saying "Well then, why not just vote PTP" and anti-Thaksin people saying "well, then why not just vote Dem"?

Chief adviser of Chat Thai Pattana Party,Major General Sanan Kajornprasart, has denied having a discussion regarding the amnesty to be granted to Police Lieutenant General Thaksin Shinawat

Of course there was no discussion,as the subject isn't open to discussion,it is considered a fact.

I am sorry to have to break i to you; but Khun Thaksin is NOT a Ltnt.General:

Just for the record;this is the synopsis of Thaksin's Police career.

Police career

Thaksin Shinawatra was a member of the 10th class of the Armed Forces Academies Preparatory School, and was then admitted to the Thai Police Cadet Academy. Upon graduation in 1973, he joined the Royal Thai Police. He received a master's degree in Criminal Justice from Eastern Kentucky University in the United States in 1975, and three years later was awarded a doctorate in Criminal Justice at Sam Houston State University in Texas. Returning to Thailand, he reached the position of Deputy Superintendent of the Policy and Planning Sub-division, General Staff Division, Metropolitan Police Bureau, before resigning in 1987 as a lieutenant colonel. His wife, Potjaman Damapong, is the daughter of a police general.

:jap:

Edited by jaapfries

Chart Thai Pattana is not in a hurry nor do they exclude anything.

If you want express a clear Pro- or a clear Anti-Thaksin opinion with your vote there are other choices and parties. The Dems for example made pretty clear that they represent the Anti-Thaksin option and *PT wants bring Thaksin back* scaremongering is part of their campaign to gain votes.

If you want express a clear Pro- or a clear Anti-Thaksin opinion with your vote there are other choices and parties. The Dems for example made pretty clear that they represent the Anti-Thaksin option and *PT wants bring Thaksin back* scaremongering is part of their campaign to gain votes.

"Sanan added that the amnesty issue should be discussed once the new government had been formed."

"Vote for me, and we'll tell you our stand on policies after we're in government."

Chief adviser of Chat Thai Pattana Party,Major General Sanan Kajornprasart, has denied having a discussion regarding the amnesty to be granted to Police Lieutenant General Thaksin Shinawat

Of course there was no discussion,as the subject isn't open to discussion,it is considered a fact.

exactly

I am sorry to have to break i to you; but Khun Thaksin is NOT a Ltnt.General:

Just for the record;this is the synopsis of Thaksin's Police career.

Police career

Thaksin Shinawatra was a member of the 10th class of the Armed Forces Academies Preparatory School, and was then admitted to the Thai Police Cadet Academy. Upon graduation in 1973, he joined the Royal Thai Police. He received a master's degree in Criminal Justice from Eastern Kentucky University in the United States in 1975, and three years later was awarded a doctorate in Criminal Justice at Sam Houston State University in Texas. Returning to Thailand, he reached the position of Deputy Superintendent of the Policy and Planning Sub-division, General Staff Division, Metropolitan Police Bureau, before resigning in 1987 as a lieutenant colonel. His wife, Potjaman Damapong, is the daughter of a police general.

:jap:

I just cannot get over the fact you stated regarding Thaksin-"" He received a masters degree in CRIMINAL justice. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: This is the biggest joke yet on T.Visa. After all the shady deals done by the said family some sick people are still thinking on the terms of amnesty. If you posters want the red shirts o.k. but why not distance yourself from this dodgy Man.

"Sanan added that the amnesty issue should be discussed once the new government had been formed."

"Vote for me, and we'll tell you our stand on policies after we're in government."

He mentioned that there are more important issues, the article just don't report further details about that. Don't blame this whip for that poorly written article.

Looks like the Thaksin issue isn't a campaign point for CP, and some reporter turns that into a headline. Silly news.

It seems that you made up your mind already and your choice (if you could vote) will be probably not CP, because they don't tell you what you want to hear. Nobody is forcing you to vote for them. So what the fuss?

Actually his opinion is quite clear.

He mentioned that there are more important issues, the article just don't report further details about that. Don't blame this whip for that poorly written article.

Looks like the Thaksin issue isn't a campaign point for CP, and some reporter turns that into a headline. Silly news.

It seems that you made up your mind already and your choice (if you could vote) will be probably not CP, because they don't tell you what you want to hear. Nobody is forcing you to vote for them. So what the fuss?

Actually his opinion is quite clear.

Where did he mention that there are more important issues?

He doesn't tell me anything, so how can I know whether I want to hear it or not?

It is clear that he doesn't want voters to know what his stance on certain policies are. His campaign slogan is "Vote for me, and we'll tell you our stand on policies after we're in government."