China Airlines And Cnx

realthaideal

I've read a couple other threads saying they were going to stop their CNX-US services at the end of March. However, the China Air website still allows you to search the flights, but then they all come up "full" So who's got the scoop out there ? Will/Do we all have to fly (or train it) down to Swampy to get out of here now ?

They fly to Taipei from Chiang Mai. You can connect to the USA, Europe, Australia, Japan etc. I saw the China Airlines flight at the gate on friday 17 june when i flew to Bangkok. A travel agent should be able to give you fares and advice re connection times, best days to fly etc faster than any website.

They fly to Taipei from Chiang Mai. You can connect to the USA, Europe, Australia, Japan etc. I saw the China Airlines flight at the gate on friday 17 june when i flew to Bangkok. A travel agent should be able to give you fares and advice re connection times, best days to fly etc faster than any website.

Yet no direct CNX-TPE show up on China Airlines' web page nor on search engines such as kayak.com. Might the current China Air flights out of CNX possibly be chartered flights or flights that stop in BKK before going to TPE? I know that they used to flight direct CNX-TPE but I can't find a flight that does it now.

The best search engine (which does not sell tickets, but sells the very programs used by Orbitz and so forth) is itasoftwareDOTcom - owned now by Google - does not list non-IATA carriers such as Air Asia. However, they do show China Air.

Presently, they show no flights between cnx and tpe via China Air or any non-stops at all. Everything is via overnightripoffVille.:bah:

Korean is hard to figure and buy, but they still do go to Seoul (long layover with free showers) and then eastward. Prices not always salubrious, but the outfit good as China or Eva IMHO.

Thanks for raising the issue RTD. I too will need to get to LAX soon and don't want to go to BKK first or have to return via BKK. I've asked a couple of agents in town; one said they would get back to me because they weren't clear on the situation either. But they never got back to me. Another agent said they don't offer service to Taipei anymore.

Thanks for raising the issue RTD. I too will need to get to LAX soon and don't want to go to BKK first or have to return via BKK. I've asked a couple of agents in town; one said they would get back to me because they weren't clear on the situation either. But they never got back to me. Another agent said they don't offer service to Taipei anymore.

Don't know for sure but could they not be flying to Hong Kong and then on to the States. As has been mentioned best to check with a travel agent. Several times I have had them save me money. Mind you I deal with a well established one with a good reputation.

Don't know for sure but could they not be flying to Hong Kong and then on to the States. As has been mentioned best to check with a travel agent. Several times I have had them save me money. Mind you I deal with a well established one with a good reputation.

Which one is that?

I have used the CNX-Seoul-North America route, and was quite pleased with the flight and layovers. On the outbound flight they put me up at the Hyatt Regency along with meal vouchers, and all kinds of perks, but you have to request this at the time of booking.

Korean website fares are quite high, and it is best to check with one of the consolidators in Thailand to purchase a ticket at substantial savings. One of them is saveflightsdot com. They have all their departures listed out of BKK, but if you ask them to search for CM departures they will accommodate you.

The China Airlines web site has been useless for booking flights from CNX for a long as I've been using it. The easy and direct way to find out is not via travel agents (who don't know) or via posting on Thaivisa, but the easy and obvious route of just calling China Airlines. They have a reservation service in Bangkok who are quick and efficient, and also offer better rates than the web site did (when it was working). Just call them to find out---unlike other sources, they do know if they have flights!

The China Airlines flight to Taipei is history. I called the airline today they are dropping the route. Thats a shame they did have some decent fares. CAL has been operating that route for years. Hopefully Air Asia will put a service on instead. They made a sucess out of CNX KUL when Malaysian airlines pulled out. I am sure they can do the same with Taipei?

Which one is that?

K and K on Tha Pha road kitty corner from AIS and up about 60 feet.

I just got back Mon. night (around midnight, flight 851) from a long trip to the States on China Air, flying LAX-TPE-CNX, so they are still flying the route. That being said, I had a 14 hour layover in TPE because of the new scheduling.

I just got back Mon. night (around midnight, flight 851) from a long trip to the States on China Air, flying LAX-TPE-CNX, so they are still flying the route. That being said, I had a 14 hour layover in TPE because of the new scheduling.

Good to know Caliban. Thanks.

14 hrs ! Do they put you up, or are you on your own for that time slot ?

But is the route available on the way out of CNX? I need to go CNX TPE LAX and back. CNXBKKMAN says they are drop(ping) that route but is it still available for the short-term future?

I know...I'm too lazy to call. :whistling: Maybe I'll get motivated next week to call.

Last time I took that China Air route the layover in Taipei was about 7 hours...14 is a long time to sit around.

Edited by elektrified

But is the route available on the way out of CNX? I need to go CNX TPE LAX and back. CNXBKKMAN says they are drop(ping) that route but is it still available for the short-term future?

I know...I'm too lazy to call. :whistling: Maybe I'll get motivated next week to call.

Last time I took that China Air route the layover in Taipei was about 7 hours...14 is a long time to sit around.

I spoke to China Airlines in the UK. The staff in the UK did not know the exact date of the last service which i thougt was a little strange . On galilao (global flight booking system) the flights are still loaded but with no seats to book. Which means you cant book on it now. China Airlines also said they are accepting no more reservations.

Well, I fly often enough to be a goldmember (without the Dutch accent) so I hung out in the ChinaAir lounge (pun intended). Wireless, showers, free dim sum and alcohol is great. There are worse places to be stuck for that long, obviously, but it's a bit of a big drag on the schedule stuck in between 15 hour and 5 hour flights.

I just tried China Airlines website to book December flights home. Can't do it out of Chiang Mai.:angry:

But tried the same thing on Korean Airlines and it seems as though you can. Thank God!! That is a long enough journey without having to go through the b.s. of Bangkok.