Yet Another Snake Id Photo

So if I am pist, it is a cobra and if sober it's a harmless green tree snake. Cool

Whether the one who perceives it is sober or not, the snake continues to be a golden tree snake. Alcohol fumes do not cause it to transmogrify. (I don't think).:rolleyes:

They are really beautiful snakes, saw an amazingly aggressive battle the other day under a monsoon bridge between a large Tokay and one of these. it was declared a draw, though the snake did go away with noticeable jaw marks on it's side.

These snakes are very agile climbers. Yesterday morning one was wrapped around the side mirror of the car. I think it was in a frangipani next to the car and dropped onto the car. This one was easily identified as a Golden tree snake. It dropped to the ground and disappeared into the neighbour's edge before i could take a picture.

Live and let live!

Dear Harsu:

I know very little about the fascinating world of serpents, however, there's one very strange story I heard recently from a very good Thai friend - and I find this as mystical as hard-to-believe:

A Tokay starts emitting a rather peculiar sound, which is, allegedly, intended to signal to a snake,that all is not well somewhere deep inside the intestinal-tract of said Tokay. The snake, thus attracted, appears in front of the Tokay and the Tokay "opens-up-wide" at which point the snake enters into the mouth of the Tokay and goes down deep inside this Tokay . . . . Inside,the snake finds the part which is causing the Tokay's extreme discomfort and the snake proceeds to eat this "part"; then comes back out of the Tokay's considerable mouth and both go their separate ways.

Apparently; the removed body part, over time, completely regenerates. - Also; if this 'mutually beneficial' event would NOT occur, I am told, then the Tokay would surely die.

I forgot to mention that I, in fact, witnessed this entire 'ritual' right in my back-yard and I was totally 'blown-away' by this totally amazing event.

Have you heard about this phenomena ?

Edited by jaapfries

used to get these alot when in Samui, never a problem, amazing how they can climb coconut trees, used to enjoy the battles as they went for the birds nests, they were always picked off the tree by birds. now in the jungle of chon buri its cobras and a stray pit bull i took in, he got sprayed in his eyes again today, one day hes going to loose unfurtunatly

Dear Harsu:

I know very little about the fascinating world of serpents, however, there's one very strange story I heard recently from a very good Thai friend - and I find this as mystical as hard-to-believe:

A Tokay starts emitting a rather peculiar sound, which is, allegedly, intended to signal to a snake,that all is not well somewhere deep inside the intestinal-tract of said Tokay. The snake, thus attracted, appears in front of the Tokay and the Tokay "opens-up-wide" at which point the snake enters into the mouth of the Tokay and goes down deep inside this Tokay . . . . Inside,the snake finds the part which is causing the Tokay's extreme discomfort and the snake proceeds to eat this "part"; then comes back out of the Tokay's considerable mouth and both go their separate ways.

Apparently; the removed body part, over time, completely regenerates. - Also; if this 'mutually beneficial' event would NOT occur, I am told, then the Tokay would surely die.

I forgot to mention that I, in fact, witnessed this entire 'ritual' right in my back-yard and I was totally 'blown-away' by this totally amazing event.

I have heard about it, never seen it. Another nickname for the tokay is Tab ge (old liver) as I was told that they believe a snake enters the tokays mouth and eats his liver when it gets old and it regrows the liver.

Dear Harsu:

Never seen or heard anything so remarkable! harsu

I have heard about it, never seen it. Another nickname for the tokay is Tab ge (old liver) as I was told that they believe a snake enters the tokays mouth and eats his liver when it gets old and it regrows the liver.

Edited by harsu

Dear Harsu:

I think you will find that is purely onomatopoeic coincidence.