Warning, Tropical Bar, Soi 2.

mike100

Gosh thats a shame. I've been going in that bar for a few years now and it's one of my faves. I have never had that problem with that bar  :o

Whats he doing letting you in the bar at the age of 14 ice? Thats a bit naughty of him anyway.

Gosh thats a shame. I've been going in that bar for a few years now and it's one of my faves. I have never had that problem with that bar  :o

Whats he doing letting you in the bar at the age of 14 ice? Thats a bit naughty of him anyway.

Didn't say anything about drinking alcoholic drinks though did I? :D

Naughty naughty :D

I've only ever had that problem with the change once but as soon as I told him he sorted it out and went mad at the staff.

That hardly bodes well for the rest of us then if youve been friends with the boss for years and they try it on with you........:o

Edit.....wonder why his other bar got closed down?...... :D

They are always losing bar staff. It was some new members of staff that tried it on not the boss he was actually sat at our table with us when it happened and noticed it first.

Edited by Ice Maiden

They are always losing bar staff. It was some new members of staff that tried it on not the boss he was actually sat at our table with us when it happened and noticed it first.

Good to hear that it wasn’t the boss, Ice Maiden.

I thought the guy in question looked a little too young to be the manager, which I was told, LOL.

A couple of days have passed, and I‘ve calmed down now.

Shame it happened in the first place, because I quite liked that bar, and obviously could not go back, even if I wanted to.

On reflection and at the end of the day, I’ve been here long enough to realize that all bars will have the odd dishonest staff membrs, and the owners can’t really do too much about it. All about loosing face.

Just hope the honest lady I bought a drink for (name not known) did not loose her job.

Onwards and upwards.

Mike.

Cheers for the advice Mike

The g/f has been wanting to go there for a while probably because of the nice lighting, we had a walk down there yesterday as I wasn't sure which bar you were talking about and it was full of Thai guy's playing pool so maybe the "manager" you spoke with is a boyfriend of the girl that ripped you off :o

As for buying the honest lady a drink I think that must be a first :D

Cheers for the advice Mike

The g/f has been wanting to go there for a while probably because of the nice lighting, we had a walk down there yesterday as I wasn't sure which bar you were talking about and it was full of Thai guy's playing pool so maybe the "manager" you spoke with is a boyfriend of the girl that ripped you off :o

As for buying the honest lady a drink I think that must be a first  :D

No the manager isn't dating a female! The manager just happens to be gay and so are quite a few of the boys that work in there. Get your facts right :D

Hi Kid,

Yes it happened, but thought it had gone far enough over the last few days.

As I mentioned in my last post,

“On reflection and at the end of the day, I’ve been here long enough to realize that all bars will have the odd dishonest staff member, and the owners can’t really do too much about it.”

Did not for one moment think there would be so much reaction over my posts, but felt that the time I should make some sort of a stand.

Now I feel that the actual owners (who I have been told were away at the time) have had enough bad publicity. Also I liked this bar on the other occasions that I visited. Shame that this last time one of the staff thought they would take advantage.

Mike.

Mike,

I think the reaction was down to the fact that we who live here are always being told (and telling others):

Walk away its not worth it.

Don't mix it with the Thais you'll only come off worse.

We're falangs we're always in the wrong.

Etc etc etc. From your description this was an organised scam pulling in innocent staff who wanted no part of it and involving the threat of violence when you confronted the thieves. PLUS these bar owners have previous...

So we went all John Luc Picard on you 'a line must be drawn HERE'.

Silly but there you go...