Receiving Email Problem Gmail Port 995

pattayapip

This Last week my Gmail has been having many Problems, it has worked fine for ages and ages no problems.

Its is set up on Pop3 995 SSL and SMTP 587 TLS

80% of the Time the incoming mail fails giving code 0x800CCC1A

And the other 20% all works fine ??? Outgoing Mail is No Problem, Its never done this before, i am connected through TOT

Any ideas ? Is there another POP3 Port i can use ?

Edited by pattayapip

"This Last week my Gmail has been having many Problems, it has worked fine for ages and ages no problems."

Probably due to the international SSL problems that have been plaguing many people for the last week. For most of them it has been problems with secure websites, but Gmail uses the same type of protocol for its POP, IMAP and SMTP connections.

I expect the problem will leave the way it came if you just sit tight.

"This Last week my Gmail has been having many Problems, it has worked fine for ages and ages no problems."

Probably due to the international SSL problems that have been plaguing many people for the last week. For most of them it has been problems with secure websites, but Gmail uses the same type of protocol for its POP, IMAP and SMTP connections.

I expect the problem will leave the way it came if you just sit tight.

It must be something to do with that, as it is still playing up now, just about totally useless right now, but will connect via my phone sim and send receive no problem, all internet fine, Just receiving on Pop3 Gmail port 995 (I dont want IMAP)

Nothing to do with Operating System or Antivirus as i check and disabled them but no difference, Back to work tomorrow will have to see what it is like when i return and contact TOT, but i am puzzled it is not working at all, there are no alternative Pop3 Gmail ports ?

If you have a any corrupted mail pop will fail.

Why the insistance on pop over imap? Do you enjoy deleting the same email multiple times?

Suggest you at least enable imap and try to fetch your email that way to at least isolate pop as the problem.