Retriement Extension, Re-Entry Permit And 90 Days Report At Bangkok Immigration Today

My retirement extension (800k method) was unremarkable this year. Arrived before opening time, nine ahead of me in the queue, got called after 50 minutes, finished in 25 minutes (no fingerprint scan this time).

There was a change for obtaining the re-entry permit. Apart from the filled form the officer required copies of the passport data page, the page with the last entry stamp, the page with the current permission to stay and the departure card. (He apologised for the trouble.)

Contrary to some rumours no copies of any passport pages were required for the 90 days report - just the filled form and the passport as before. I was 9 days early for the report which was accepted, so I assume that statements on this board about the margin for reporting now being 10 days before or after the actual reporting date are correct. The video shown today in the waiting room stated 10 days for reporting by mail (in advance only in this case), while it was 7 days before. The immigration website still states 7 days for both personal and mail reporting which I now consider outdated.

Reporting can be done 14 days before and 7 days after the reporting day.

Normally the copies are only required when you do the reporting for the first time or the first time in the new year.

Maybe other immigration offices have different requirements.