Submitted Spouse Visa - Australia

Hi all, my wife and I have just left the VFS office in Bangkok a short time ago and I just wanted to pass on a big thanks to everyone that has helped along the way over the last few months. At times it has been daunting, frustrating and even down-right impossible. But it's in. It's a load off my mind and now we can just hurry up and wait.

There's plenty of good information to be found in these forums and even though some misinformation may surface every now and then, without a resource like this it would make the process a lot harder. Especially when so many stupid questions seem to pop into your mind as you travel along the way. This is the place for all those stupid questions as well as all the difficult ones.

Anyway I would especially like to thank bridge, but everyone (both professional and other applicants) has helped along the way. Thankyou all!

Thanks guys, and bridge, you're welcome.

@Wallaby, well, certain things are better left unsaid ;)

Having said that, she's spent a total of about 9-10 months in Australia in the last two years. She loves it, and loves the potential of it too.

The best part now, although I have to apply for a spouse visa each year, it's a piece of cake for us to spend any length of time in either country now (once she's approved - of course)

Edited by Madivad

2011-08-11 submitted completed app to VFS Bangkok

2011-08-18 recd email from embassy, they recd "valid application" from VFS 2011-08-15

The letter was mildly optimistic and supposedly generic. It contained the case officers name, a generic email (not the case officers - to me that appears negative), but mentions the case officer will be in touch within 12 weeks to discuss interview if needed... Wait and see

• 4 weeks later...

2011-09-16 - we sent an email this morning just asking if they got the police check/clearance yet and we asked about doing a medical before our travel plans in December.

Result, we got a phone call, we now have a case officer (I said above we had a case officer name, that was incorrect, we DIDN'T get one), but she said that she hasn't even opened it yet. They're still looking at July applications. So can only assume they have the report, they should have I suppose. Re travel plans they told her to just go (ie travel), they'll call when they want something. Not exactly ideal. My point being if we get a phone call the day we get into Australia asking for medical and/or interview in Bangkok.... Well, I won't be happy! Anyway those plans are three months off, hopefully well have more info in the meantime.