Mitsubishi Ex Vs Chevy Cruze

Were talking YOUR car here so we don't want pictures of other vehicles Your saying how great YOUR interior is so only pictures of that in future . Don't hype YOUR car up to be better than others we obviously all find it very comical, and can you please list in your next post the number of other Cruze owners that have come to your defense in this thread as this will give us all the feeling for the real market penertration of this vehicle , when other makes/models get slyted on the forum owners come out and disagree/agree so post your supporters please.

Wow. Listen to you. You're so worked up about a car. You had to post twice in a row.

People who buy the Cruze are a class above people who post on here. So, when I go be with MY kind of people, I see the Cruze all over the place.

And notice again, when presented with the truth (leather in the mitsubishi) then the trolls come out and shift the conversation again. Hilarious it is rolleyes.gif

Your last sentence is spot on , but unfortuently in the way you cant see B) .

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were talking YOUR car here so we don't want pictures of other vehicles Your saying how great YOUR interior is so only pictures of that in future . Don't hype YOUR car up to be better than others we obviously all find it very comical, and can you please list in your next post the number of other Cruze owners that have come to your defense in this thread as this will give us all the feeling for the real market penertration of this vehicle , when other makes/models get slyted on the forum owners come out and disagree/agree so post your supporters please.

Wow. Listen to you. You're so worked up about a car. You had to post twice in a row.

People who buy the Cruze are a class above people who post on here. So, when I go be with MY kind of people, I see the Cruze all over the place.

And notice again, when presented with the truth (leather in the mitsubishi) then the trolls come out and shift the conversation again. Hilarious it is rolleyes.gif

Your last sentence is spot on , but unfortuently in the way you cant see B) .

So now you've resorted to the "I know you are but what am I?" Pee Wee Herman defense? laugh.gif

You people aren't for real.

The picture i was talking about was the one you posted taken from the drivers side clearly showing saggy material which you quickly deleated after reading my reply , to be replaced later by a picture taken from the passenger side . You are now stating they are well bolstered which they may well be but the covers are <deleted> born out by the photo taken by your own golden hand there's a lovely crease on the backrest bottom l/h corner + others at the top , the squab looks like a water bed and i'm sure it is on the move all the time the side of the drivers seat looks iffy as does the centre consol. i know you will be in denial about deleating the first picture but luckily for all the members your second confirms what i stated your covers are crap and will only get crappier. At least now you know what 'sat in' means normally a reference to seats in a very high KMS car, another first here for you but probably not your dealer.

I think, as always in life, you get what you pay for. He paid 5,000 baht, although the dealer told him the usual price was 20,000. Well, my guess would be that 5,000 baht was the actual cost to the dealer (ie the cost of the product and the fitting), and the 15,000 they discounted, just the dealer's usual profit margin.

Now if you take the labour charges, other overheads, plus the profit margin for the fitters, how much of the 5,000 baht is that leaving for the leather? Not a lot. Is it even 100% leather? if it is, it must be very low grade.

after like 10pages in his thread its quite sad that some people still dont understand that the dealer gave him a 15k rebate on the car and they used it for his leather instead of taking the cashback

But still full leather for 20,000 sounds to cheap. We just bought a Honda Jazz SV and had it fitted with "leather". We paid 18,000 (which we eventually got the dealer to offer for free as a discount) for leather, but it is only real leather on the surfaces that you sit on, all the rest is synthetic. At first we wanted all leather, but after checking several places, there were no way we could get that for anywhere near 18,000 and as it is a spare city car, we went with the cheap solution. You can't see the difference now, but maybe after 5 years, but by then the car should be sold.

But maybe this guy was lucky and made a good deal.

The picture i was talking about was the one you posted taken from the drivers side clearly showing saggy material which you quickly deleated after reading my reply , to be replaced later by a picture taken from the passenger side . You are now stating they are well bolstered which they may well be but the covers are <deleted> born out by the photo taken by your own golden hand there's a lovely crease on the backrest bottom l/h corner + others at the top , the squab looks like a water bed and i'm sure it is on the move all the time the side of the drivers seat looks iffy as does the centre consol. i know you will be in denial about deleating the first picture but luckily for all the members your second confirms what i stated your covers are crap and will only get crappier. At least now you know what 'sat in' means normally a reference to seats in a very high KMS car, another first here for you but probably not your dealer.

I think, as always in life, you get what you pay for. He paid 5,000 baht, although the dealer told him the usual price was 20,000. Well, my guess would be that 5,000 baht was the actual cost to the dealer (ie the cost of the product and the fitting), and the 15,000 they discounted, just the dealer's usual profit margin.

Now if you take the labour charges, other overheads, plus the profit margin for the fitters, how much of the 5,000 baht is that leaving for the leather? Not a lot. Is it even 100% leather? if it is, it must be very low grade.

after like 10pages in his thread its quite sad that some people still dont understand that the dealer gave him a 15k rebate on the car and they used it for his leather instead of taking the cashback

But still full leather for 20,000 sounds to cheap. We just bought a Honda Jazz SV and had it fitted with "leather". We paid 18,000 (which we eventually got the dealer to offer for free as a discount) for leather, but it is only real leather on the surfaces that you sit on, all the rest is synthetic. At first we wanted all leather, but after checking several places, there were no way we could get that for anywhere near 18,000 and as it is a spare city car, we went with the cheap solution. You can't see the difference now, but maybe after 5 years, but by then the car should be sold.

But maybe this guy was lucky and made a good deal.

To be honest, it maybe that parts of it are not real 100% leather. But, who cares?

My deal was very similar to yours, but I still had to pay a bit. Anyway, they are very easy to clean and comfortable which is the reason why I chose them. It's very rainy and I didn't want it smelling "wet" like my City. The seats were disgusting.

Now I can spray a leather cleaner every weekend and the car smells great. I don't care if I got out of work and got soaked from one of those thai mini hurricanes.

That's basically why I got it. Easy to maintain. In 5 years, as you say, if the front seats get rough or all messed up, I will send them in and replace the leather. It will most likely be the 2 front seats.

In my car shopping, the best leather seats I saw were the ones in a top Toyota Camry Hybrid. It had all the options and it was almost 2 million baht. Those seats were all 100% the real deal. You could smell it as soon as you sat in there. They were perforated tan leather. and BTW, the Cruze that comes with leather doesn't smell like the Toyota Camry Hybrid with leather. So, it maybe that the LTZ is like that too. Part leather part synthetic (to keep the price down).

I saw the same car being sold used at the mall. I opened the door and the car smelled like sweat and ass, the seats were dirty (tan leather is the worse) and the seats were all cut up and wrinkled. The car was probably 2 years old or less.

So, 100% real or not, eventually seats will get fuc_ked up.

Edited by thaicruze

To be honest, it maybe that parts of it are not real 100% leather. But, who cares?

My deal was very similar to yours, but I still had to pay a bit. Anyway, they are very easy to clean and comfortable which is the reason why I chose them. It's very rainy and I didn't want it smelling "wet" like my City. The seats were disgusting.

Now I can spray a leather cleaner every weekend and the car smells great. I don't care if I got out of work and got soaked from one of those thai mini hurricanes.

That's basically why I got it. Easy to maintain. In 5 years, as you say, if the front seats get rough or all messed up, I will send them in and replace the leather. It will most likely be the 2 front seats.

In my car shopping, the best leather seats I saw were the ones in a top Toyota Camry Hybrid. It had all the options and it was almost 2 million baht. Those seats were all 100% the real deal. You could smell it as soon as you sat in there. They were perforated tan leather.

I saw the same car being sold used at the mall. I opened the door and the car smelled like sweat and ass, the seats were dirty (tan leather is the worse) and the seats were all cut up and wrinkled. The car was probably 2 years old or less.

Camrys leather is crap, and half of them made of synthetic. I used to own one, 14 months and 40 k km, they looked like shit, despite being treated with Autoglym leather care every month, as done with all my cars.

Best quality Thai I have had, tan leather in Accord and 5 x Vigo/Fortuna. also synthetic backside, but even with hard use, like Accords 70k km in 14 months, still as new

No leather ever beats my Range Rover tho, purchased new in 1994, a friend owns it now, better than new :)

In my car shopping, the best leather seats I saw were the ones in a top Toyota Camry Hybrid. It had all the options and it was almost 2 million baht. Those seats were all 100% the real deal. You could smell it as soon as you sat in there. They were perforated tan leather.

Camrys leather is crap, and half of them made of synthetic. I used to own one, 14 months and 40 k km, they looked like shit, despite being treated with Autoglym leather care every month, as done with all my cars.

Best quality Thai I have had, tan leather in Accord and 5 x Vigo/Fortuna. also synthetic backside, but even with hard use, like Accords 70k km in 14 months, still as new

No leather ever beats my Range Rover tho, purchased new in 1994, a friend owns it now, better than new :)

I can attest to hondas leather. The factory fit in my civic is still perfect after 190K kms and nearly 9 years. Just a slight stretch in the driver seat from my 85kg frame:)

Anyone know about siamseats AAA royal premium leather? Is it any good?

I can attest to hondas leather. The factory fit in my civic is still perfect after 190K kms and nearly 9 years. Just a slight stretch in the driver seat from my 85kg frame:)

And of course, you have pictures of your seats to show us right? You don't expect me to take your word for it do you?

There is a friend here who owns a Civic. About 5 years old. Tan. His seats look like shit.

That's one of the things that put me off from buying the Civic. My test car was almost 1 million. Tan leather. It looked like it was a taxi. And the seats were uncomfortable.

Well. Let's not get on with the Civic. That was a really shit car in every way.

At the end of the day, you can just go have the leather replaced. What's the big deal? Are you really going to die for 18,000 baht?

And here is the Kicker..

siamseats AAA royal premium leather

If you go to the Siamseats website you can see the prices there. When I bought my Cruze the sales girl told me "The leather is Grade A leather and it is 18,000 baht, but I will give it to you for 5,000). Then, the trolls here say it's NOT real leather because that's too cheap.

Well, you can see in their website

http://www.siamseat....showpage&pid=16

There... grade A Leather for the Chevy Cruze 17,900 baht. laugh.gif

I just love humiliating these idiots.

The Royale Premium Leather for the Optra (so I presume the same for the Cruze) is 43,000 baht. So, the Chevy dealer sold me exactly what it said it would sell me.

Edited by thaicruze

My Ford Focus has excellent seats, really firm, supportive and a nice blend of leather and meshed fabric. I found the Cruze's leather seats in the test LTZ to be a bit 'slippery' and they didn't give great lower back support... but I guess that is just the natural feeling after sitting for nearly two years in great seats.

It's funny, but I figured that to make a car feel great, manufacturers need to have great front seats and a thick, attractive steering wheel. For me, everything else is secondary. Always strikes me as crazy that they don't all do this...

My Ford Focus has excellent seats, really firm, supportive and a nice blend of leather and meshed fabric. I found the Cruze's leather seats in the test LTZ to be a bit 'slippery' and they didn't give great lower back support... but I guess that is just the natural feeling after sitting for nearly two years in great seats.

It's funny, but I figured that to make a car feel great, manufacturers need to have great front seats and a thick, attractive steering wheel. For me, everything else is secondary. Always strikes me as crazy that they don't all do this...

Mine aren't slippery. Different texture.

The thing about back support is subjective. I found the Focus' seats uncomfortable as they dig into my lower back. That would drive me crazy. That was one of the main reasons why I didn't go for a focus.

I like that the Cruze really hugs the sides and keeps you in. Not the same in the Focus.

Seats, however, you can change.

Edited by thaicruze

You mentioned you were now considering the new City, though I guess selling the Focus is your first goal. I can tell you that for the past year, I weekly drive long distance in that car, a few hundred kilos and back, and NEVER feel tired in that driver's seat. It is modest, but very comfortable. Similarly, the steering wheel, as you know, in the City, has that deep, thick, steering wheel, which is gives you a better feeling of control. At the same time, I know you are considering the Mazda 2, again, very comfortable driving seat, I've done that route many times in that car too, however the steering wheel is the more traditional, and does not have that deeper grip.

The other dealer I went to, they said it would be 9,000 baht. That's the price for "fake leather" or PVC Leather. Here are the prices from SiamSeat

http://www.siamseat.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=17

As they said, 8- 9,000 baht.

If it is 18,000 is grade A

If it's 25-30 (35,000 for SUV) then it is AA Grade Leather

If it's 45,000 and up, then you are getting AAA Grade leather.

Mine is Grade A. Nothing special, but it doesn't mean it is fake.

You mentioned you were now considering the new City, though I guess selling the Focus is your first goal. I can tell you that for the past year, I weekly drive long distance in that car, a few hundred kilos and back, and NEVER feel tired in that driver's seat. It is modest, but very comfortable. Similarly, the steering wheel, as you know, in the City, has that deep, thick, steering wheel, which is gives you a better feeling of control. At the same time, I know you are considering the Mazda 2, again, very comfortable driving seat, I've done that route many times in that car too, however the steering wheel is the more traditional, and does not have that deeper grip.

Isn't that weird though? Such a wonderful Ford Focus with excellent seats and great handling and he is trying to get rid of it and downgrade. Very odd that.

Isn't that weird though? Such a wonderful Ford Focus with excellent seats and great handling and he is trying to get rid of it and downgrade. Very odd that.

Not odd at all if you've lived in Thailand for any time. I had a 2 year old top of the line Ford Everest, flawless, took me 9 months to sell it and at a loss. You will experience this phenomenon when you attempt to sell your Cruze. ;)

Not odd at all if you've lived in Thailand for any time. I had a 2 year old top of the line Ford Everest, flawless, took me 9 months to sell it and at a loss. You will experience this phenomenon when you attempt to sell your Cruze. ;)

In 10 years, when I sell my Cruze, I'll trade it in.

I am not saying I'll buy a Chevy. It maybe something else. It depends what the best is at that time.

your covers are crap and will only get crappier.

OK. Anything else?

Are you over weight Thaicruze? I know a few burger munchers whose seats look that way, only think I can Think of to make a drivers seat sag like that after 3000km is a 300kg driver post-121798-0-49082200-1317286180_thumb.

Edited by br12stol

His reasoning, as stated below, seems very sound and logical. Not weird or odd at all.

My Ford Focus was the top of the range model, costing over a million Baht when new. Now it is 5 years old, and still runs well... but around town, the 2.0 isn't very economical and I am concerned about ever being able to sell it in the future with it getting simply 'too old'. (for those interested, Thai buyers couldn't give a hoot about mileage, they only care about the age and number of owners - I first found that out to my chagrin when selling my 3year old 2nd hand Honda Civic with barely 30,000km on the clock).

Why am I looking to downgrade? Well, I would love to upgrade, but as mentioned, my pathetic salary prohibits anything too costly (thanks all for such compassion - a teacher's salary in north, what can I say? a six figure annual salary Sydney or London just wasn't worth the stress!)

As cars get older, things start to go wrong, so would like that peace of mind of a new car. A smaller car (engine size) is more economical. The tax rebate of 100k would be a nice thing to have next year (use that as a down payment on the rice paddy up here in the north and later sell it to you rich Bangkok folk looking to escape the floods and pollution :-). As I said, 95% town driving, the monthly trip to Chiang Mai (100km away) and maybe an annual trip 'down south'... Also, I am pretty impulsive and shallow and have never had a new car and would like to get one :-P

Sometimes, I am tempted to say '<deleted> it' and get indebted with the Mitsu, but that would be foolish. A City would be OK, but no bugger will buy my car... so a Mazda 2 makes economical sense and with the MT would keep an aspect of 'sanook'. At 545k, I would pay 145k over 5 years and get 100k back in cash. Effectively 45k payment (plus a bit of interest).

If this sounds a silly prospect, please go ahead and be honest.

cheers

In 10 years, when I sell my Cruze, I'll trade it in.

I am not saying I'll buy a Chevy. It maybe something else. It depends what the best is at that time.

Well if you're talking "best" why didn't you buy a Merc, Audi, Bimmer or maybe even a VW Scirocco or Golf in that case?

And of course, you have pictures of your seats to show us right? You don't expect me to take your word for it do you?

why would anyone take pictures of their carseats. they are, well just carseats :rolleyes:

Oh found one of my vigo, unloading my GFs Ninja650R after a 4000km trip. my Ninja obviously already unloaded. unfortunately doors are not open so cant see the tan leather

post-81971-0-94380200-1317289326_thumb.j

There is a friend here who owns a Civic. About 5 years old. Tan. His seats look like shit.

That's one of the things that put me off from buying the Civic. My test car was almost 1 million. Tan leather. It looked like it was a taxi. And the seats were uncomfortable.

At the end of the day, you can just go have the leather replaced. What's the big deal? Are you really going to die for 18,000 baht?

And here is the Kicker..

siamseats AAA royal premium leather

If you go to the Siamseats website you can see the prices there. When I bought my Cruze the sales girl told me "The leather is Grade A leather and it is 18,000 baht, but I will give it to you for 5,000). Then, the trolls here say it's NOT real leather because that's too cheap.

Well, you can see in their website

http://www.siamseat....showpage&pid=16

There... grade A Leather for the Chevy Cruze 17,900 baht. laugh.gif

I just love humiliating these idiots.

The Royale Premium Leather for the Optra (so I presume the same for the Cruze) is 43,000 baht. So, the Chevy dealer sold me exactly what it said it would sell me.

I've also seen other civics with lousy seats - they've probably been left in the hot sun for long periods. My car is usually garaged and has dark tint. I think it also depnds on how you look after them.

^

Good man. You're a gentleman among all these animals.

Anyway. Here is my seat right now

aa59517b.jpg

I dont see what is so terrible about it. The leather in the LTZ fits the same way in the ass area. It is not tight, it is a bit loose. That's just the way the leather fits. There are some seats where the leather is super tight. Other seats that look like sofas. Not all leather seats look the same. For 5,000 baht, I think my seats are good. I dont get all the hate.

And here are the rear seats

6accea00.jpg

And here is the center console

9a67cab4.jpg

What can you say but "perfection achieved".

And here is the "suspect looking leather dash instead of cloth"

2edc8654.jpg

I don't see what is suspect about it

Now, notice how I am the only one postin pictures of his car, while others just TALK about it.

I dont see what is so terrible about it. The leather in the LTZ fits the same way in the ass area. It is not tight, it is a bit loose. That's just the way the leather fits. There are some seats where the leather is super tight. Other seats that look like sofas. Not all leather seats look the same. For 5,000 baht, I think my seats are good. I dont get all the hate.

Hate?

When you say something like this:

Do you consider that to be hate? I don't think so. Just being rather blunt. Why is it you think it is ok for you to be blunt about other people's cars, but not ok for them to be blunt about yours?

^^Getting a little too personal now maybe? :whistling:

This was the reply from I received from TC when I Put WHATCAR UK CRUZE review on TV, it was their words not mine unsure.gif

For The Cruze has a much better cabin than existing Chevrolet buyers will be used to, and it looks pretty funky, too. The bargain-bucket price and warranty package will be tempting

Against The petrol engines are gutless, it's not particularly exciting or comfortable to drive and it's not as practical as a hatchback

"Then, you say the engine is "gutless" and it's not comfortable to drive. For all we know, you could be 300lbs and can'r fit your fat ass in the seat. But my guess is, you've never driven one"

<deleted>

Edited by br12stol